Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:07 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
To put it bluntly, OP.... your date must have been really damn ugly.

I don't about you guys, but I would have not gone a date if she didn't meet the bare minimum bedable requirements. Which is set pretty low, BTW (human, female, two eyes and mouth)
😂😂😂😂!

No LOL!.. I'm the opposite ....usually erm but yeah HAS to be the physical attraction there 100000% mate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 05:10 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
+1.

But you'll find a ****-ton of folks here, bitter and entitled, who blame women for not being attracted to them, for having too high standards. Or the others who preach the idea that looks (attraction) should not matter.

Yes, it matters to many people, and it isn't wrong or unfair to prioritize attraction/physical chemistry.

Tbf both genders do it..judge the opposite sex on shallow things but don't like being judged shallowly.

I also think men were told women aren't as hung up on looks then men which is completely untrue.. They're just as into looks as men are

Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
To put it bluntly, OP.... your date must have been really damn ugly.

I don't know about you guys, but I would have not gone a date if she didn't meet the bare minimum bedable requirements. Which is set pretty low, BTW (human, female, two eyes and mouth)
I also draw the line at needing a bag of flour to find the wet spot and a few other extremes like that. On purely physical attributes only, I still probably keep 70% of the female population in play. For me, it's the non-physical attributes that fairly quickly eliminate 90% of the dating pool.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:16 PM

17 posts, read 13,363 times
I had sex many times with women I was not at all attracted to. I just date for sex and an imaginary romance in my head. I can pretty much have sex and kiss someone with having zero attraction to them. On dates I am more concerned with finding someone to have a long lasting sexual relationship with and could really care less if I have any physical attraction to the person or not. It really beats being lonely and having to resort to masturbation all the time.

Every guy is different though. Some people really need to feel attracted to the person to have sex with them, for me all that is required is that I am horny. Woman, man, tranny, or whatever walks in the door on the date if I am a horny there is a good chance if offered I will not hesitate to begin a sexual relationship.

I tend to be just happy to get dates period a lot of time and to be in a relationship even if I am not attracted to the person or if I know the relationship won't last, I would rather be in a relationship then not in one at all.

I am 5'4" so beggers can't be choosers. Had about 38 partners in my lifetime and I would say about half of them I had zero sexual attraction to or interest. Been married before to a woman 15 years older than me and I honestly was never very attracted to her, but I think I did love her. I knew the marriage wouldn't last due to the age gap, but hey was an enjoyable few years having a spouse and a sexual partner every day of the week. I don't regret it, just got a divorce when I knew it was time to move on.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:21 PM

602 posts, read 395,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I also draw the line at needing a bag of flour to find the wet spot and a few other extremes like that. On purely physical attributes only, I still probably keep 70% of the female population in play. For me, it's the non-physical attributes that fairly quickly eliminate 90% of the dating pool.
"Needing a bag of flour to find the wet spot?"

Old 01-04-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The genetically programed male in me wants nothing of the sort, and I can not, and could never, drink enough to overcome that (without passing out and being non functional).
So you're saying I can line up 500 21-year-old women taken randomly straight from a college yearbook, dress them identically, and you wouldn't find the majority of them physically attractive?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:30 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Yeah, but most of that isn't physical attraction.
Of course it is.

Quote:
So you're saying I can line up 500 21-year-old women taken randomly straight from a college yearbook, dress them identically, and you wouldn't find the majority of them physically attractive?
Good looking or physically attractive? Two different things.

No the former (not even close to 51%, I've worked at several colleges, probably closer to 20%), and I wouldn't know about the latter based on sight alone.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
"Needing a bag of flour to find the wet spot?"
Feed it into Google if you care. It will turn up endless references to a decades-old crude joke about sex with fat women.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:39 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Ree View Post
Mutual attraction is a requirement, no doubt about that. That said, I have learned not to judge by just a photo of someone. I like to meet people in person. The way they dress, carry themselves, speak and even their mannerisms and body language can make all the difference in whether or not I'm attracted to them. Love a confident man that makes eye contact, has a nice smile and a quick wit.
So true. All of those comprise physical appearance and play a role in attraction. A person can change how they appear simply by having good posture, walking with purpose instead if shuffling their feet, holding their head up and making eye contact instead of hunching over and inward while avoiding others. Good grooming and neat dressing contribute to the physical as well. The physical is made up up all of these things and more, not just "hot or not".

Old 01-04-2017, 05:40 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Feed it into Google if you care. It will turn up endless references to a decades-old crude joke about sex with fat women.
Yeah that's what it is mate

I hadn't heard that for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships