Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:03 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,769,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"A certain age"? IDK, in the US there are plenty of women in their 30's and 40's, child-free, not "sloppy seconds" because they've been in school and then trying to build a career, who have high-end jobs: financial svcs, lawyers, professors, etc. It sounds like you just don't know how to find them.

I did a quick search, and this is what popped up re: comparative divorce stats. Not going to waste a lot of time researching your claim for you:

USA: 53%
France: 55%
Estonia: 58%
Luxembourg: 60%
Spain: 61%
Czech Republic: 66%
Hungary: 67%

Divorce in Italy is less frequent mainly because the law makes it difficult, and if it's not by mutual consent, it's very expensive (lawyers, court fees=unaffordable to the average citizen). Here's what came up for divorce in Italy:

A couple divorcing by consent must wait three years to be divorced but couples not divorcing by consent must wait five years after fault has been proved.
I don't really care to be honest it's not just about divorce statistics anyway that was just an example, I've studied them before and don't care to dig them up again. The US is still much higher than many developed countries. Estonia is ex-Soviet Union and poor. I grew up with someone from there she was like 6'5'' and played basketball in college.

As someone that has traveled and talked to many people from other countries, I know some of the differences. I'm merely stating there's amazing people all over the world and the US is falling behind in it's values imo, it's not a big deal. I don't know why people get sensitive about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 04:07 PM

102,057 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post

As someone that has traveled and seen a few differences I'm merely stating there's amazing people all over the world it's not a big deal. I don't know why people get sensitive about that the reality is the US doesn't have the best of everything in the world whether we like to think that or not.
Yes, true; there are amazing people all over the world, including in all 50 states.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,509,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this guy HIV positive too?

That may also hamper interest from women once they get that information too.
Yeah that holds me back as well, even if I can tell the girl is really feeling me, I usually run away because I'm tired of being rejected for it because I'm dirty and diseased. I had completely forgotten that once somebody is HIV+ they are unworthy of love, unless that person is dirty disgusting and diseased just like them right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships