Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:49 PM

88,475 posts, read 84,580,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
English probably isn't her first language she's calling herself a beautiful black queen I think. lol. Quite often with people where English is their second language they get the pronouns mixed up instead of mine she meant to say your, or yours for example.
It probably isn't that English isn't her first language. Some black people say "mines" for "mine". As in this is yours and this is mines.

My sister's two stepsons talk this way--both of them have Master's degrees and professional jobs, and they say "mines".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,361,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
That's because (I better be careful here) some black women grow up to believe they are inferior to their lighter counterparts because of their physical skin and features based on what they see/read/have been told, so it's used as a reminder to them that they are beautiful in their skin.

You don't see white women do that, because how often do you see them being torn down because of their skin or hair compared to black women.

No clue why that bothers people.
#blackgirlmagic

When the way you look is not widely represented in the beauty and entertainment industry, sometimes having extra confidence can go a really long way. Try having someone say "You're pretty for a Black girl." (said to my sister) and see how that feels. She's stunningly gorgeous, but yet, such a statement has to be modified to include her Blackness.

Also consider that, statistically speaking, Black women in the online dating world are the least desired/messaged/contacted demographic. Believing you are a queen/magic/great can help build confidence and heal longtime wounds that one incurs when they struggle with their racial identity.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:21 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,708,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
#blackgirlmagic

When the way you look is not widely represented in the beauty and entertainment industry, sometimes having extra confidence can go a really long way. Try having someone say "You're pretty for a Black girl." (said to my sister) and see how that feels. She's stunningly gorgeous, but yet, such a statement has to be modified to include her Blackness.

Also consider that, statistically speaking, Black women in the online dating world are the least desired/messaged/contacted demographic. Believing you are a queen/magic/great can help build confidence and heal longtime wounds that one incurs when they struggle with their racial identity.
I'll just say I believe all the posts pertaining to this ring true from what I have witnessed and experienced.

But I'll refrain from adding too much since race based posting isn't allowed. The bolded definitely resonates with me though.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,591,623 times
I have never felt the need to refer to myself as a "beautiful black queen" but I don't care if others do.

Once again, what does this woman's Instagram have to do with relationships?

Old 01-12-2017, 05:15 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,793,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I have never felt the need to refer to myself as a "beautiful black queen" but I don't care if others do.

Once again, what does this woman's Instagram have to do with relationships?
I don't get the whole Instagram thing either but apparently people use it for social networking/media and online dating but I thought it was just for posting pictures honestly. Remember the whole Donald Sterling incident and how he made a big deal out of his daughter putting pics on Instagram.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:19 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,414,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Still stalking her, huh?
Call it whatever you want. I just see what you say as a negative tthing thought by negayive people. If it was the other way around you wouldnt be saying that.

Its like if a guy comes on a lady hes a pervert. But if its the other wat around you wont hear crap from the general masses.

Speaking of that there was an incident on the news about a guy at a gas station that was touched in a bad way by 2 females and he reported it to the authorities. Yet he was called "gay" or "homo"

Old 02-05-2017, 12:29 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,708,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Call it whatever you want. I just see what you say as a negative tthing thought by negayive people. If it was the other way around you wouldnt be saying that.

Its like if a guy comes on a lady hes a pervert. But if its the other wat around you wont hear crap from the general masses.

Speaking of that there was an incident on the news about a guy at a gas station that was touched in a bad way by 2 females and he reported it to the authorities. Yet he was called "gay" or "homo"
Huh....

So this is your agenda.

Carry on.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:35 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,509,730 times
Quote:

Eh?

I take it she called you a pervert then? LMFAO!!!!!

Old 02-05-2017, 01:52 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,414,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Eh?

I take it she called you a pervert then? LMFAO!!!!!
You still dont get the point. I was just saying in general and an example that if or whenever a guy approaches lady in such a way he is called out for it. But if it was the other way around she is not called out.

The poster came up with this "stalking" thing which. I responded with the if that is the case question.

Old 02-05-2017, 01:58 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,509,730 times
Quote:
You still dont get the point. I was just saying in general and an example that if or whenever a guy approaches lady in such a way he is called out for it. But if it was the other way around she is not called out.

The poster came up with this "stalking" thing which responded with the if that is the case question.
I knew the point you were making mate but felt it stemmed from something else

Thank you for the clarification though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships