Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
If I were in this situation, I would expect to go Dutch. That way I wouldn't have to worry about a guy feeling entitled to sex because he paid for my meal. I am not saying that every guy is like that, but enough of them are that it ruins it for the good ones.
Or you can simply contribute to expenses because you are a nice empowered independent woman who doesn’t feel entitled.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
Why? Was that some sort of test? Why would you want someone to not get seafood if you're at a seafood place? See, these are the kind of mind games I don't care for. If you want a good burger, go to a burger place. If you go to a seafood place, don't be shocked when seafood is ordered.

FWIW, I usually try to order something comparable to what my date orders price-wise.
That's exactly what I was thinking because I've been that girl. If I'm asked to a Red Lobster don't get mad if I order lobster. Lol

Actually I probably wouldn't but it made the best analogy.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:48 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandedx02 View Post
We could have done that (at least the two cards part; the reason why she felt bad that I paid for everything prior is that she didn't notice the theater we went to was cash-only when we checked showtimes, and I was the only one who had cash on me). But under the circumstances - it was late on a Monday night and we just wanted to pay and go home - it was easier to roll with one card or the other.
Sure, and that is usually what I do, what goes around comes around.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times
Why is this thread reminding me of the I Love Lucy episode where Fred and Ricky pay their share of the dinner bill, and Lucy and Ethel end up doing dishes?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
Why? Was that some sort of test? Why would you want someone to not get seafood if you're at a seafood place? See, these are the kind of mind games I don't care for. If you want a good burger, go to a burger place. If you go to a seafood place, don't be shocked when seafood is ordered.

FWIW, I usually try to order something comparable to what my date orders price-wise.

In this case, the woman's order was roughly three times expensive as men's... That would be a bad sign for me...

Old 01-11-2017, 10:27 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
In this case, the woman's order was roughly three times expensive as men's... That would be a bad sign for me...
True, but its odd to me to go to a seafood/sushi place and get a burger too!

Sushi gets pricey, but its great date food as you can pick together and share.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:

Weird tradition has it that "ladies" order first. If someone thought it bad form for me to order off the menu in front of me, particularly of a place he chose, he would not be around long. Of course I always offer to pay the whole thing. It would never occur to me to "offer" to go dutch since that does not seem like much of an "offer".

Old 01-11-2017, 10:29 AM

602 posts, read 395,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
But why go to a pricy restaurant and order one of the cheapest things on the menu? Just go someplace where everything is roughly the same price instead of hoping she will match your cheap order.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,091,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Or you can simply contribute to expenses because you are a nice empowered independent woman who doesn’t feel entitled.

Many women independently empower themselves to enjoy free food and drink with a guy who takes them out. In all fairness, it is just probably human nature not to turn down its own advantage that has very limited costs. I am pretty sure if roles were reversed, men would do the same. All explanations and rationalizations are essentially irrelevant.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:32 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
But why go to a pricy restaurant and order one of the cheapest things on the menu? Just go someplace where everything is roughly the same price instead of hoping she will match your cheap order.
Yah. I don't get this weight and measure and provide tests to pass mind set. It is a bit freaky and sad to me that people think like this. If you want to spend 5 Guys money, go to 5 Guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships