Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 02:52 PM

6,534 posts, read 7,252,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I've met other guys who weren't interested and none of them ever asked for separate checks. Therefore I found his behavior unusual.
While living in Asia I went out with girls who were interested and were not interested and didn't change a thing. They still paid for my dinner, I paid for theirs, or we paid together. First date or date #20. It didn't matter. Nobody felt entitled which I find it quite nice . When I lived in the USA, different story. Girls did make a big deal as we can see in this thread and other similar threads.

So if you like caviar, lobster, etc. what holds you from ordering that which you like? I don't have anybody holding me from ordering what I like when I go out.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,529,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Maybe he also thought that him not taking care of your expenses was important to you then he wouldn't want to go out with you as well.
I never said I expected him to take care of my expenses. I just didn't expect him to ask for separate checks. Other guys who also didn't take care of my expenses didn't ask for separate checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that it meant that he wanted you to pay for your half of the dinner.

Maybe he didn't think things went well.

It's been a few days, has there been any update?
I unmatched him on Tinder and haven't heard from him.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:

So him asking for separate checks was quite something I guess.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:03 PM

602 posts, read 393,325 times
Quote:
Let's not forget the not walking her to the car.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:06 PM

636 posts, read 390,354 times
Quote:
So, two of his last impressions of you were
-telling him you didn't want him to walk you to your car
-unmatching him on Tinder
Even though you had a pretty good time with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
She told him not to

Old 01-11-2017, 03:08 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,529,192 times
Quote:
Quote:
No, but if you're going to do all that AND then I don't hear from you for several days after, I can definitely assume it's not going anywhere.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
No, but if you're going to do all that AND then I don't hear from you for days after, I can definitely assume it's not going anywhere.
You did hear from him that night when he asked if you got home safely.

What was your response:
-Yes.
-Yes. Thank you.
-Yes. Thank you for a nice evening.
?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:13 PM

602 posts, read 393,325 times
I see. Apparently there is a growing subset of men who have almost no concept of body language or social awareness. "That's okay, I'm just parked over here" = "no, absolutely do not walk me to my car". Everything has to be spelled out in big, capital, black letters. I was with someone like that for years. Turns out he knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. People like that don't usually have an easy time in the dating world. A hint to people in that situation: if you realize what the meaning between the lines is and are just refusing to consider it, don't then complain that you can't find a good woman or that dating is soooo hard.

Old 01-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Not paying for her dinner, not paying for her drinks, not walking her to her car. Yes, forgot those. What else should a man do for him to earn a 2nd date?

Old 01-11-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I see. Apparently there is a growing subset of men who have almost no concept of body language or social awareness. "That's okay, I'm just parked over here" = "no, absolutely do not walk me to my car". Everything has to be spelled out in big, capital, black letters. I was with someone like that for years. Turns out he knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. People like that don't usually have an easy time in the dating world. A hint to people in that situation: if you realize what the meaning between the lines is and are just refusing to consider it, don't then complain that you can't find a good woman or that dating is soooo hard.
Have I complained about not being able to find a good woman or that dating is hard?

Do we know what her body language was?
I don't.
Do you?
She was put off/thrown off/whatever by the whole separate checks thing, so, I think there's at least some possibility that her body language wasn't all that inviting.

Also, how about that "are you safe to walk on this icy sidewalk" could have meant "may I walk you to car" but it's wasn't spelled out in big, capital, black letters and the OP said, "no"?
Why do things only seem to work one way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships