Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 03:58 AM

1 posts, read 577 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't worry. He probably won't even notice you're gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 AM

332 posts, read 294,605 times
3 months in and he's already turning you down for sex? Something is definitely up. No matter how busy a guy is, if he likes you, he'll make time for you. From my experience at least. Hope you didn't get back together with him.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:31 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,151,341 times
If a man thinks you're special, you'll know it.

It sounds like you did both of you a favor.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:20 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Will he even notice you ghosted him?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Illusion View Post
So I've been formally in a relationship with a guy for 3 months now. There's been a lot of bumps in the road regarding him not making me feel cared for or special. We've had many fights and arguments over it and I've explained in great detail what I would like so we can stop arguing about it so often. He agreed that he would be more attentive and I told him that I would try my hardest to be more understanding of him

We barely spoke 6 words to each other for the past 3 days and the last 2 of the three days I kept hinting at that I really wanted sex. After calling him 2 times last night he finally responded with a text saying that he had passed out. So I called him back a third time and he answered and I told him I was in the mood. He said 'nah, not tonight good night'. And that was it then I hung up. This is the second time in the span of five days he's turned me down when I initiated sex. Call me selfish but frankly I'm over it. I thought that was a big part of being committed to one person that you could depend on them to fulfill and satisfy those needs. But all he leaves me is disappointed constantly. I've already explained this to him 4 or a 5 times in depth. And I never see any effort from him afterwards to change all it does is cause arguments and more distance.

So last night I decided to make a clean break without an explanation or drama and simply blocked him from calling me and blocked him on social media. I don't think he's going to realize how serious I was until he realizes I'm gone

I honestly don't feel bad about ghosting him at all
Why should you. Apparently it's all about you!

So you failed at your attempts to control and manipulate this guy to meet your needs huh?

Then you 'hint' that you are ready for sex even though upset he isn't the way you want him to be.

Then how dare he turn down your advances for sex!!

So yeah! You showed him!!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I don't like ghosting no matter what.

I would probably have told him what I think of him and then block him.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
The thing is I did model those behaviours, it wasn't just me saying give, give, give. He never caught the hint and since when is openly discussing your relationship problems lecturing?

I'll wait for some better advice
You got the best advice from a mature, experienced woman and because you are not mature enough to accept her advice you want different advice.

I suppose perhaps; He was such a jerk for not treating you special! It's his loss!!

How's that?

Most often problems come from the complainer.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:10 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
I hope he stays gone aswell. Guess I set my expectations too high
No one can meet any expectations if they are unaware of what those expectations are.
In the future you should perhaps make a written checklist of your expectations and give it to any romantic interest so they will know what they need to do to keep the relationship all about you without a thought wasted on their needs.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I hope he stays gone aswell. Guess I set my expectations too high
only with that guy. There are others out there.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:21 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
2 months of total drama...? Ghosts, be gone & stay gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships