Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:17 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,670,841 times

Advertisements

I'd be up front about it. Don't say something like "Hi, I'm Joe, and I don't want kids. Whats your name?" But when discussing things like kids, saying something like "I like kids, they just aren't for me" is definitely appropriate.

Me, I want kids. Well, one kid. My gf likes and wants kids, but her biggest worry is about the effect it would have on her body. For example, she'd like a boob job - I like them just fine the way they are now. But I did agree that after one child (which is all I really want) I would definitely be ok with her getting that done if she still wanted to, to feel comfortable herself after the effects of having a child.

Its important to know just what it is about kids that you want/don't want also. As mentioned, my gf is concerned over how it would effect her body - and she isn't the only one to think that way. So, thats another point of discussion is the reasons why, and why some parents are suited for adoption as opposed to their own children (aside from being infertile).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
Do you think 19 year olds who never want kids should wait for a few years till they meet a girl?
Wait for what? Wait to have a procedure that may be irreversible done? Absolutely!

Honestly, I really think - and I don't mean to talk down to you, please don't take me wrong - I really think you're worrying about the wrong thing at the wrong time. You should be having the time of your life! Don't rush adulthood - it ain't all it's cracked up to be - and don't deal with things that you don't have to right now. Go out, have a great time, and in 6 or 7 years when you're thinking it is time to settle down, THEN deal with this...in the meantime, be young. It only happens once.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Wait for what? Wait to have a procedure that may be irreversible done? Absolutely!

Honestly, I really think - and I don't mean to talk down to you, please don't take me wrong - I really think you're worrying about the wrong thing at the wrong time. You should be having the time of your life! Don't rush adulthood - it ain't all it's cracked up to be - and don't deal with things that you don't have to right now. Go out, have a great time, and in 6 or 7 years when you're thinking it is time to settle down, THEN deal with this...in the meantime, be young. It only happens once.
From the answers I've gotten, most young girls would change their minds and would want kids in the future. That's kind of a turn off for me.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:36 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,271,623 times
All the more reason for you to wait it out...let everyone settle into who they really are and then make life decisions. Some of those young girls who think they want kids will find out within 10 years that they don't after all.

Life's a crap shoot - it may stay the same or it may change...no guarantees, my friend...

Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
All the more reason for you to wait it out...let everyone settle into who they really are and then make life decisions. Some of those young girls who think they want kids will find out within 10 years that they don't after all.

Life's a crap shoot - it may stay the same or it may change...no guarantees, my friend...
Shall I state the reasons why I don't want kids?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Life's a crap shoot - it may stay the same or it may change
I just heard that in my mind with a Forrest Gump voice. Had to mention it. And its still a better line than the chocolates one

Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Shall I state the reasons why I don't want kids?
Is there some reason you'd need to rush out and get snipped (which doesn't always work btw) now? Whats wrong with just waiting?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
Is there some reason you'd need to rush out and get snipped (which doesn't always work btw) now? Whats wrong with just waiting?
Let me point out some reasons...
*I suffer nervous breakdowns.
*I'm more concerned on my career.
*I'm not the father type.
*I don't want to feel old.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Let me point out some reasons...
*I suffer nervous breakdowns.
*I'm more concerned on my career.
*I'm not the father type.
*I don't want to feel old.
So, like I said - why rush?

It won't stop nervous breakdowns
It won't boost your career
Not getting a surgical solution won't magically make you a daddy
And exactly the same thing for the last.

You should still be using condoms, and any person you're with should be taking preventative measures as well - mostly because you don't want to catch a communicable disease, children aside. Which, btw, happens to prevent children. So its a two-for-one deal, with no trip to a doctor (aside from getting tested of course, which you should do even after any such surgery)

So whats the big rush to get something done now?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:11 PM

52 posts, read 199,955 times
Pretty types are usually the ones that want kids because they know the child will be attractive and have better success in life. Life is hard for ugly people.
Quote:
Could I have my friend ask a pretty girl if she's the kind who doesn't want kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships