Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:26 PM

89 posts, read 116,454 times

Advertisements

Met a guy about 6 months ago through a friend. Developed something of a crush. Saw him handfull of times. Each time was a month or more apart from the other. Spend holidays together at a ski resort. During this time he was staring at me, looking weird, appeared nervous and was trying to make eye contact. Also, caught him staring at my boobs. Kinda obviously. He also was pretty busy and did not spend the entire time near me. He left one day before me, staring at my figure weirdly while saying goodbye. We did spend one evening close to each other but barely spoke and other people were there. I wanted to go to sleep but he insisted I should stay. We were both kinda drunk.
I can't say is he interested, or did I appeared nervous so he realized I'm into him. I did not flirt with him. Maybe just a little but I doubt he got the hint. This is so confusing. Sometimes I think he knows and he is not interested and sometimes I think he is interested but thinks I am not. I suppose he might be simply choosing not to act on it. Starting to doubt myself and did I really saw what I saw or I saw what I wanted to see.My gut tells me he likes me but...if I am being a skeptic I would say if he was interested he would go for it.
I am a few years older and taller. Maybe he only dates petite women.

I didn't want to say anything to my friend because I would rather keep quiet than make things awkward.

Would you say something, or just call it? Should I risk rejection or call it. I am so outta practice in this dating thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 05:56 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
You should have made out if you were both drunk while on ski vacation. Now that you're home and overthinking everything, nothing will ever happen.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:10 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

This is pretty easy. Tell the guy you like him and would like to date him. He either starts dating you or he tells you he's not interested.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestW View Post
Spend holidays together at a ski resort. During this time he was staring at me, looking weird, appeared nervous and was trying to make eye contact. Also, caught him staring at my boobs. Kinda obviously. He also was pretty busy and did not spend the entire time near me. He left one day before me, staring at my figure weirdly while saying goodbye. We did spend one evening close to each other but barely spoke and other people were there.
Is he really what you want for your boyfriend.... a weird, nervous, boob-starer who doesn't speak?

If so, ask him out. Only you know if you are great for each other!

Old 01-12-2017, 07:30 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Is he really what you want for your boyfriend.... a weird, nervous, boob-starer who doesn't speak?

If so, ask him out. Only you know if you are great for each other!
a boob starer that doesnt speak???

thats most men in this world....we are quiet because we are filtering, what we usually want to say we cant.....we'd get slapped..

men are like dogs.... pretty easy/.....dont take much to wag our tails..

dont assume we pick up on any signals you are sending,,,,reading a woman is like a blind guy with a rubiks cube......
its not like 30 years ago.... guys are told NOT to take the initiative because theres a fine line about being bold/confident and being a creeper/predator ...and this all depends if she wants him to make a move on her

Old 01-12-2017, 08:14 PM

This guy is usually pretty confident in all settings. And tries to look cool. Also very fit. He doesn't come across as a nervous wreck for the most part. That is why I picked up on some of his nervousness. But since I was attracted to him from the start I might be overthinking the whole thing. If this was a random guy I would maybe make a move, but I will be running into this person every now and then, awkwardness from potential rejection might be too much. As far as making out when we were drunk that was impossible to do around 10 other people, all close relatives of mine.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:37 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,504 times
U should make a move. Give him the sexy hug where u put your whole body against him and see how he reacts

Old 01-13-2017, 12:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

I might be overthinking the whole thing.
If he's a pretty confident person, I think he would have made a move if he really wanted to. I'm betting that you're reading into things.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:02 PM

I am just kinda confused. I guess I don't really know him. He hugs me, stares at me... definitely finds me attractive. I am not sure he is as cool as he presents himself. Few months ago I came across his dating profile where says he wants true love. But pics he posted were pretty far from that. Like shirtless photos and such. Nothing too over the top like bathroom selfies, mostly just photos from the beach. I concluded he is looking for hookups and that he is a player. At ski resort, he looked somewhat vulnerable.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

I am not sure he is as cool as he presents himself.

Few months ago I came across his dating profile where says he wants true love. But pics he posted were pretty far from that. Like shirtless photos and such. Nothing too over the top like bathroom selfies, mostly just photos from the beach. I concluded he is looking for hookups and that he is a player. At ski resort, he looked somewhat vulnerable.
Again, more guessing.

You're jumping to conclusions based on photos and your tarnished feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships