Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,517,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
I'm usually very good at reading body language but I haven't received many positive signs from attractive women ... but I'm wondering if a lot of that is because of my defeatist attitude. You see what you want to see

A lot of my problem is I've made dating out to be this impossibly hard thing in my mind. I've exaggerated women's standards to hell and made it seem like I had to be absolutely perfect to have one interested in me
You've really answered yourself there mate

I can't not begin to tell you how having a positive and optimistic outlook WILL increase your chances

If you are negative/defeatist then you'll tend to over analyse things and pick them to pieces which will more often that not be very apparent to the lady you're talking to therefore will only hamper you getting some where.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:24 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Even male celebrities get rejected so yes.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Even male celebrities get rejected so yes.
I've seen a few male celebrities get rejected and harshly as well....

Mainly because of the way they approach the women..

Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I've seen a few male celebrities get rejected and harshly as well....

Mainly because of the way they approach the women..
But with their status and fame they usually don't care.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
But with their status and fame they usually don't care.
That's the point mate .... with that in mind you can imagine how they approached and their shock and even disgust at when they said no. ( not as polite as that and rightly so )

Of course not all celebs as I've a few down to earth ones.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:52 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You might want to try a little perspective and humility. You might be working hard, but you sell cars to rich people, you're not aiding refugees or curing cancer or even working on an assembly line building the cars that you sell.
Oh no! This is the same absolutely wonderful guy that's been on here with the same story a dozen times already?

Old 01-15-2017, 10:15 AM

76 posts, read 36,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
You've really answered yourself there mate

I can't not begin to tell you how having a positive and optimistic outlook WILL increase your chances

If you are negative/defeatist then you'll tend to over analyse things and pick them to pieces which will more often that not be very apparent to the lady you're talking to therefore will only hamper you getting some where.

I know man

I just have to convince myself of the basics - that women want to be approached and that an attractive one will like me

Old 01-15-2017, 10:17 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
Women over the age of 35 pretty much worship me, lol. If I talk to 10 of them, 9 will want to date me immediately

Lather, rinse, repeat. Until you address your crippling insecurities, you will be making these threads forever.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:21 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Question: Do you ever lose the salesman attitude? Because while it may make your customers comfortable in a sales environment, it may be offputting and insincere to women approached in a social situation. My father was a salesman and very good at it, and I've never been able to connect with people I know to be in sales because I'm always picking up on a thread of insincerity. I inherently don't trust them. Love my dad, but he's one of the most amoral people I've ever met. If you're bringing your sales attitude to the dating scene, it may come off as smarmy even to people who don't have the emotional baggage that I have.

I suspect that due to the insecurities that other posters have identified above, you are probably using that attitude as armor as you go into social situation, and it's tanking you before you even get started.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:24 AM

76 posts, read 36,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Question: Do you ever lose the salesman attitude? Because while it may make your customers comfortable in a sales environment, it may be offputting and insincere to women approached in a social situation. My father was a salesman and very good at it, and I've never been able to connect with people I know to be in sales because I'm always picking up on a thread of insincerity. I inherently don't trust them. Love my dad, but he's one of the most amoral people I've ever met. If you're bringing your sales attitude to the dating scene, it may come off as smarmy even to people who don't have the emotional baggage that I have.

I never had a salesman attitude to begin with. I try to talk to everybody the same way I talk to my best friends

I was seeing a woman over 40 last year for 8 months and she says I'm the nicest man she's ever been around. It's a shame the age difference/her not being able to have kids. She said she would totally marry me if we were close to same age/wanted same things in life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships