Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:09 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,291,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It wasn't a mediocre selfie. Your selfies look horrible. That one pic was magic. The hair was professionally done, the angle was amazing, and the coloring of your face looked like it might have been professionally made up (but not in an obvious way). either that, or the lighting where you took it was really good.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/27051380-post957.html

Or has he posted others?

Old 01-15-2017, 06:15 PM

1,080 posts, read 827,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm not into men, so perhaps my judgment is off, but the guy in this pic looks great to me! Sure, he might be a little chubby (his sides are cropped out and black is slimming, so it's hard to tell), but I can say from personal experience that a man can be overweight and still date attractive women. That's not the issue here.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:19 PM

76 posts, read 36,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
I'm not into men, so perhaps my judgment is off, but the guy in this pic looks great to me! Sure, he might be a little chubby (his sides are cropped out and black is slimming, so it's hard to tell), but I can say from personal experience that a man can be overweight and still date attractive women. That's not the issue here.

so that pic is how i look now... minus 50 lbs - yes 50... also I have a very trendy slicked back with faded sides hairstyle instead of the bowl cut nonsense in that pic

All the people telling me I'm very handsome aren't delusional

Old 01-15-2017, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
so that pic is how i look now... minus 50 lbs - yes 50... also I have a very trendy slicked back with faded sides hairstyle instead of the bowl cut nonsense in that pic

All the people telling me I'm very handsome aren't delusional
That means the problem lies elsewhere. And, sorry to say it, but the problem isn't with half the earth's population (aka women). That means you have to look at the aspects of yourself that don't involve your looks-- your personality, your communication style, your attitude, etc.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Which people assign you a numerical rating? What is the conversation that results in it?
Yeah, I find that odd, too; and consistent with the OP's strange (almost spectrum-y, perhaps?) obsession with "stats." I've dated women of various ages, races, cultures, shapes, sizes, intelligence levels, socioeconomic statuses, etc., and I've never had anyone give me a numerical rating. Who does that? And why?

Speaking of "stats," I also noticed that the OP is focused on income. While income is certainly a tangible, objectively quantifiable construct (unlike numerical ratings for looks), I've also never once had a woman ask me my income, in decades of dating women from all walks of life. The only woman I've ever even shared that information with was the one woman I lived with, because we were sharing expenses and considering marriage (and the rough financial planning that goes with that). I'm sure the others could venture a broad guess at my general income range (i.e. middle class) if they had wanted, based on my job, where I lived, what I drove, the vacations I took, etc., but nobody ever cared to know specifics. In my experience, woman are generally interested in men who have interesting careers that they are passionate and ambitious about, and who can take care of themselves financially, but the only reason I can imagine a woman caring to know your exact income is if she is a gold digger, in which case she will probably be looking for someone older than 28 making more than $150K-- a sugar daddy, if you will.

Last edited by SkylarkPhotoBooth; 01-15-2017 at 07:38 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 07:18 PM

102,064 posts, read 106,986,186 times
Quote:
Are you talking about the metrosexual one where his eyebrows are plucked?
Oh, ha, is that what it was? It didn't even look like him. It took me awhile to realize it really was him. He had almost a pretty-boy thing going on.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
NO! Not that one! He had this amazing one that didn't even look like him. (See my previous post ^^^ )

Old 01-15-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
It's not that he's chubby, or non-Anglo looking, etc. That's insignificant to women if a guy has charm, and I don't mean in a sleazy way or a cliché way. If he's comfortable around women and has a knack for making them feel like they're the center of his attention, they won't notice whether he looks generic or whatever. It's that he keeps saying he's really good-looking, he looks like this or that movie star, blah blah. The fact is that he isn't THAT good-looking. He's exaggerating his qualities, so I (and others) was just trying to be real with him. Not in a mean way, but to emphasize that personality is important, and for him--more important than the guys with the all-American good looks that get women's attention right off the bat.

I'm just trying to be realistic with him, because I think he's totally unrealistic with us about how AWESOME! he is. And yeah, yeah, OP, I know you can be engaging, etc. etc. I'm talking about being able to break the ice with women, which is your stumbling block.

That little smile was nice in that pic, though. A smile helps.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:30 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,666,893 times
Honestly, it's meh. I would NOT say $150k is very successful. Like I said I think there is a disconnect somehow some where. Your original post reeks of arrogant, the part that dating women over 35 is easy. Hello, who are you talking to? Chopped livers?

Last edited by NewbieHere; 01-15-2017 at 07:44 PM..

Old 01-15-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
It's not that he's chubby, or non-Anglo looking, etc. That's insignificant to women if a guy has charm
Agreed. That was my point.

Quote:
It's that he keeps saying he's really good-looking, he looks like this or that movie star, blah blah. The fact is that he isn't THAT good-looking. He's exaggerating his qualities, so I (and others) was just trying to be real with him.
Fair enough. I agree that he doesn't look like a movie star. I'm just saying he's good-looking enough that looks likely aren't the problem. It's the personality characteristics (which you have noted, and which he has displayed here) that are likely holding him back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships