Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:08 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

Tell him to avoid the girls that read a lot and don't drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGerbil View Post
I'm wondering what I should tell my son if/when he asks me about dating and different types of women. I want the best for him but I don't really know what I should tell him. How should I advise him as to which women to go for and which types to avoid?
Unfortunately it's something he's got to learn for himself mate as he might be attracted or intrigued by someone that you're not and vice versa, plus experiencing women with different personalities will only make him more self aware of human behaviour/dating/mistakes and will only increase his social skills and maturity in my opinion as well

The very best thing you can do as a dad is be there for him when he's unsure of something or in need of advice on anything in particular

Having someone that's older and wiser to turn to whether that's for general advice or especially when things are not going so well will be priceless for him mate

Old 01-20-2017, 10:40 AM

112 posts, read 66,795 times
Interesting topic.

If I had a son, I'd encourage him to experience all types of women. Go out and see for himself.

I'd be far more concerned with things like him using protection, and not getting a woman knocked up - or getting trapped by someone.

But as for type, I'd encourage him to play the field, and not take women so seriously - at least until he has the experience to make proper decisions.

Then I'd be there for him, as a wiser head, throughout

Old 01-20-2017, 10:46 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
What exactly is a "type" of woman? Most women are generally come factory standard, but I guess you could tell him to get the kind that has the optional sports package.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What exactly is a "type" of woman? Most women are generally come factory standard, but I guess you could tell him to get the kind that has the optional sports package.
The different type of personalities I'd assume he means ( OP? ) or how I usually interpret it as anyway

Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
The different type of personalities I'd assume he means ( OP? ) or how I usually interpret it as anyway
Well, right, but it's kind of a silly question. The OP's kid should go for the type of woman he likes and respects and who likes and respects him back. That's the type of person we all want, right? It's not like you can order them from Amazon with a few keywords.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:09 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGerbil View Post
I'm wondering what I should tell my son if/when he asks me about dating and different types of women. I want the best for him but I don't really know what I should tell him. How should I advise him as to which women to go for and which types to avoid?
You dont, you allow him to choose for himself, if he makes mistakes , he will learn from them, not from you.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:09 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Types of women? Why do you think he would ask you that? If he ever thought to ask that, the first thing I'd say is you can't categorize people into neat little boxes by perceived type.
Yes, exactly. It's not a question that comes up, OP. I'm not even sure what you're talking about, myself. Raise him to have confidence, self-respect (but not arrogance), and good values, and you will have done the best you can.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:13 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Highly doubt he'll listen to you.

He'll figure it out.

Old 01-20-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, right, but it's kind of a silly question. The OP's kid should go for the type of woman he likes and respects and who likes and respects him back. That's the type of person we all want, right? It's not like you can order them from Amazon with a few keywords.
Well Yes I know it is my love and that everyone is an individual, Maybe he's just taking in general i.e. Shy girls/loud extroverted girls etc etc.

Either way agreed it's pointless as again it's all about the individual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships