Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 05:50 PM

17 posts, read 7,060 times

Advertisements

Will do. ^^ Thank you. I'll try my best to be understanding.

Part of me wishes I never even came across the messages in the first place. At least I wouldn't be so paranoid. Ignorance is bliss.

But then again maybe it's a good job I did?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:51 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times
A good share of the time, when they call the other person "just a friend", the other person is a lot MORE than a friend.

He will either lie to the OP or tell her the truth. Either way, I think she will stay with him - and THAT is what he's banking on.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:54 PM

17 posts, read 7,060 times
If he does admit he still has feelings, and I'm understanding about it, there is a chance we can make it work between us, right?

His feelings will go away for her in time as long as our relationship continues to be everything he wants?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:55 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicesmith00 View Post
Boyfriend communicating with his ex - is this a red flag?
RED FLAG - Only if they do not have any kids together. There are no exceptions to this.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:56 PM

332 posts, read 294,546 times
Maybe it's just me, because I'm definitely not that "understanding". If my bf still had feelings for another girl, that would be the end of it for me. A relationship is hard enough without a third person involved. No thanks.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 PM

636 posts, read 392,628 times
Quote:
If he does admit he still has feelings, and I'm understanding about it, there is a chance we can make it work between us, right?
More of a chance than if you don't talk to him about it or aren't understanding.

But, every relationship has less chance of working out than it does of not working out.
Yours has less chance than that due to the circumstances of its beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natiam View Post
A relationship is hard enough without a third person involved

Quote:
His feelings will go away for her in time as long as our relationship continues to be everything he wants?
You're not listening.
His feelings will probably never go completely away.

Last edited by DuckOfMs; 01-22-2017 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: "not" :)

Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
OP, please don't listen to any of these people telling your what he's going to do.

How can they possibly know? - an honest question.
They don't.
He probably doesn't either.

I'm just asking you to think about what makes sense.
*He probably still has some romantic feelings for her - they dated for 3 years.
*You can't expect to just ignore those feelings
*Talk to him about it - not a bunch of strangers on the internet.
I agree with this.

OP you keep looking for logic to explain his actions, but feelings don't behave logically.

Emotionally distancing yourself from an ex is hard, especially when she didn't really give him a reason to hate her. It's complicated.

Does it mean he doesn't want you? No, not necessarily. He could be playing you but he could be just confused. He may not even be admitting it to himself yet.

But you have to talk to him.

You stepped in there before he had made a full emotional break. So now you have to deal with the messy part. It may work out in your favor or not, but that's a risk.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:01 PM

953 posts, read 842,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
My dear, you are delusional.

If you were convinced that your boyfriend was 100% in love with you and devoted to you, you wouldn't have started this thread, correct?
As far as posts to the Relationships forum are concerned, the common thread evident in a good number of them is that there is an enormous capacity for everyone to repackage their thoughts, and yet nothing ever seems to change the view of the original poster. This one apparently will closely follow that pattern.

If it were not for the fact that another thread was recently (and mercifully) closed, the contentious back-and-forth exchanges over the adamant claim of "rape by fraud" would still be raging on ad nauseam. When denial takes over, not much additional time passes before logic, sensibility and reason embark on a long vacation.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:11 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
How can it be ^^^?

Old 01-22-2017, 06:14 PM

636 posts, read 392,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Quote:
How can it be ^^^?
Good point. Thank you.

OP, his feelings for her have very little to do with you.
Put that in the trash next to them being "just friends"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships