Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 04:57 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,911,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
it's amusing when a guy explains to me what women my age are thinking and doing 80-90℅ of the time, so I can understand myself, but my opinion is a 'broad brush'.
Happy to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 05:07 PM

574 posts, read 376,566 times
I am an older guy, these threads sometimes are tough to read. I can't help my age. I also read the thread about not dating widowers, I am a widower, I lost a perfect wife.

I am aware of the creepy old guy business. At the gym I keep my eyes down. I was a certified trainer and I used to regularly work with people and help them with their routines and form and exercises. Just being friendly. In the gym, I am in my element. Not any more. That knowledge is useless to anyone but me because I feel like sort of an outcast at this age.

I loved sex, with my wife. That is gone and I sort of shut down when she passed. Maybe its doesn't come back and I am spared all the heartache and abuse of trying to find another mate. I am not some kind of creep or pervert. I am just an older lonely guy who never planned to be alone and never planned to be so heartbroken.

I think I understand what the Op was trying to say. We don't all fit into the boxes with little yellow labels. It is not easy for either sex. At any age.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not in the specific points I was commenting on. In the broader points she did, but especially with this paragraph, there were loads of generalizations.

The bolded is especially problematic, as it is a gross generalization, I find men and women are far more similar than different, and variations from individuals vary much more than variations between genders.

And the underlined part basically says there is a male way, and a female way, and I think that is a flat out untruth. There is an individual way.

That's fine though, its hard, if not impossible, to not make generalizations and have a discussion. It was a good post.
I don't know, I think men send pictures because they want to, and women send pictures because they think that's what men want. You never read an opinion where women all chime in saying: "I'd love some dic pics right about now...." but men never say: "no t&a pics today please". The women report overall not wanting those pictures and now that the men know this, just from being conscious in a media filled world, the overall opinion of women on this subject hasn't deterred them from sending the pictures! Just ask first, that's all! sheesh!

I left in the gross generalizations bc that's my experience, I can't account for the perceived maybe/sometimes of others.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:13 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But see that's funny. I admit that I prefer studly, but only slightly.
Having a sense of humor is studly!

Old 01-31-2017, 05:40 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Most of the creepiness I've experienced from men has come from guys my age or close. The guy who raped, beat and literally tried to strangle me to death was in his early 20's and looked like the " boy next door". When I turned around and saw him approaching me my first impression was that he was quite good looking and had a great smile. ... right up until he punched me in the face, knocking me to the ground. I have been harassed more by guys in their 20's than I have by guys in their 40's and up.
Personally speaking I am more Leary of younger men and their intentions than I am of older
men based on my experiences with both.
It's also the younger men ( again in my experience) who have been much more sexually aggressive than their older counterparts.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:45 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman View Post
Perhaps the 'creepy older man' thing is something the younger generations have embraced? My 24 year old daughter is 'creeped out' by older men. She didn't get that from me. I have always liked older men. She has a very good relationship with her step father (my husband) and does not find him creepy. But, I also notice that the men she finds sexually appealing are more like girls. In fact, it seems that western society is becoming more effeminate all the way around with everyone becoming more 'girly'.

So ... perhaps older men are too masculine and, therefore, sexually scary?

Also, I must admit to making the occasional anti-old man comment when dealing with men who have denigrated older women.
A lot of us old farts are not into the depilatory obsession.

Whereas, it seems many Millennial men are nearly bare of hair.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:05 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Leopard outer and tiger under?

Well played sir, well played.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-31-2017, 06:39 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
A lot of us old farts are not into the depilatory obsession.

Whereas, it seems many Millennial men are nearly bare of hair.
Girly men and metrosexuals.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:19 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I don't know, I think men send pictures because they want to, and women send pictures because they think that's what men want. You never read an opinion where women all chime in saying: "I'd love some dic pics right about now...." but men never say: "no t&a pics today please". The women report overall not wanting those pictures and now that the men know this, just from being conscious in a media filled world, the overall opinion of women on this subject hasn't deterred them from sending the pictures! Just ask first, that's all! sheesh!

I left in the gross generalizations bc that's my experience, I can't account for the perceived maybe/sometimes of others.

I don't read it, but I hear it, and I hear of people going out with guys because of them. One of the great truths in this world is people don't keep doing things if it doesn't work for them.

Now, it's not my style, and I don't have the, uh, bait to catch what I want fishing that way, but some people do. That's why it happens.

Now most, even the vast majority of people aren't into, yeah, that's obvious.

And lots of women really seem to get off on sending them as well. Each to their own.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:20 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Girly men and metrosexuals.
It's considered a common courtesy. Don't have to be bare, but some bushwhacking is expected.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships