Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM

55 posts, read 307,847 times

Advertisements

Is there a difference between country guys and city guys?
Discuss
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 01:22 PM

112 posts, read 568,068 times
Default ...

Guys in rural areas almost always have lower insurance premiums that those who live in more densely-populated zip codes.

On a serious note, my uncle survived WWII as a USMC infantryman in the Pacific campaigns. One of only a handful of the men from the transport over to do so. He credited his survival to a youth spent as a farm boy. Hunting, tracking, firearms mastery. All priceless skills in jungle warfare.

Regarding relationships: He was married once... as soon as he got back from The War straight through to his death in 2004. The same lady, a female version of him.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:46 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,619,488 times
I know of my generation, us country boys are a little more laid back and easy going, don't seem to be in a hurry, little more respectful, but we can be a little chauvinistic also, kind of quiet, sometimes we might act a little naïve and a little dumb, but that's all that is, just an act, we're really quite smart and intelligent than given credit for, a little more self-reliant, that just about covers it, for a country boy.

City boys always struck me as being in such a big hurry to do anything, don't know how to enjoy life. Just my opinion.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
sometimes we might act a little naïve and a little dumb, but that's all that is, just an act, we're really quite smart and intelligent than given credit for, a little more self-reliant, that just about covers it, for a country boy.

City boys always struck me as being in such a big hurry to do anything, don't know how to enjoy life. Just my opinion.
we call that country dumb, in my neck of the woods, which is actually a compliment.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:58 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times
I had posted in this thread earlier and hit the back button... yep, do it all the dag on time.

There is nothing like a country boy. He'll tip his hat to you and open your door. he has time to stop and take it all in. The country, the sky, nature.

The city boy is in such a hurry about everything. As much as I wanted my son to be a 'city boy' I am so glad he is a country boy. He is the most intelligent young man I know, with a gentle heart. He is kind and would do anything in the world for you.

I don't know, does the man from the city see the things in life the same way? Can he sit with you and just look at the clouds? Does he see them the same as you? The country girl who was once city?

The girl who has seen it both ways? Through city eyes and country eyes?

Can that city boy relish in life the things that you do?

Does he drive past the horses and smile? Does that amazing sunset take his breath away, as it does yours?

How about the moonlight? Would that city boy sit ont he front porch with you drinking coffee and holding your hand?

Or would that kind of a life be too slow for him? Not good enough for him?

I will tell you what, that is the sweet life right there.... There is nothing like a pick up man... nothing in the world.... And by all means, I am not speaking of my wasband in any of this. Oh yea, he was a country boy, he was a bad country boy. Hid truck was a redneck truck, a mean redneck truck.

Oh no, this is not the country boy I speak of, not in the least bit.

The city boy, he will wine you and dine you... but the country boy, he can make you fall in love with him for a lifetime.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:01 PM

672 posts, read 2,120,524 times
Well, I grew up in the country, then moved to town, then moved back to the country for a few years, now I live right smack in the middle of town. I think I'm pretty much the same person, either way. But, at the same time, I can agree with a lot of whats been said by others, thus far.

Now, to the OP. Every single post you've had so far, has been the same. It's like the "coffee talk" segment from the Saturday night Live shows. You know, the one where a character named Linda Richmonds (I believe), always said: Here, I'll give you a topic, dicuss amoung yourself's! You do the same thing, and I don't like it, thats why I rarely answer any of your threads. Of course, you have a RIGHT to do your posts any way you choose. But, I have a RIGHT to not-like that approach either.

DISCUSS AMOUNG YOURSELFS!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,215,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Well, I grew up in the country, then moved to town, then moved back to the country for a few years, now I live right smack in the middle of town. I think I'm pretty much the same person, either way. But, at the same time, I can agree with a lot of whats been said by others, thus far.

Now, to the OP. Every single post you've had so far, has been the same. It's like the "coffee talk" segment from the Saturday night Live shows. You know, the one where a character named Linda Richmonds (I believe), always said: Here, I'll give you a topic, dicuss amoung yourself's! You do the same thing, and I don't like it, thats why I rarely answer any of your threads. Of course, you have a RIGHT to do your posts any way you choose. But, I have a RIGHT to not-like that approach either.

DISCUSS AMOUNG YOURSELFS!

You crack me up, Dennis... True, so true. But hey, she is providing healthy discussion, and I love me a country boy! WHOOHOO!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,770,679 times
You know what a Country Boy does when he misses his wife?

He reloads and takes another shot.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,641,516 times
I am country dumb.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:06 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,874,166 times
A country guy's idea of a nice evening: sitting on the porch, staring into your eyes and holding your hand, while the crickets chirp, the moss grows and you....yawn.

A city guy's idea of a nice evening: walking through the art gallery, wine tasting or concert venue (whichever you prefer), staring into your eyes and holding your hand, while the music plays, the crowd buzzes and you....smile.

Yawning is only for bedtime. I will keep my city man any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships