Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Do you find many in the SF area?
you may find them in Marin/Sonoma areas..but those guys are just more outdoorsy than simply country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Do you find many in the SF area?
No, but if I do I'm going to hold onto him for dear life.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Hey, don't sell out country guys too fast on the intelligent bit--what about those biological engineers at the CDC in Atlanta and space engineers at NASA in Houston?

And don't sell out city guys too fast on the brawn bit--Los Angeles men are into sports like triathalon, scuba, surfing, rock climbing, inner city basketball league X Game skateboarding--athletics...these sports are not for wimpy types!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Hey, don't sell out country guys too fast on the intelligent bit--what about those biological engineers at the CDC in Atlanta and space engineers at NASA in Houston?

And don't sell out city guys too fast on the brawn bit--Los Angeles men are into sports like triathalon, scuba, surfing, rock climbing, inner city basketball league X Game skateboarding--athletics...these sports are not for wimpy types!

Atlanta and Houston aren't quite 'country'.' I think they're referring to rural areas in places like Wyoming, W.Texas, Kansas, etc. Plus, a lot of those engineers aren't from there originally. The CDC is full of MS and PhD's who are from major universities in other states.

Your second point is right on. I live in Denver and it's crazy how fit people here are. They do mountain biking, rock climbing, and are very active. City guys are not wimpy by any means.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Atlanta and Houston aren't quite 'country'.' I think they're referring to rural areas in places like Wyoming, W.Texas, Kansas, etc. Plus, a lot of those engineers aren't from there originally. The CDC is full of MS and PhD's who are from major universities in other states.

Your second point is right on. I live in Denver and it's crazy how fit people here are. They do mountain biking, rock climbing, and are very active. City guys are not wimpy by any means.
Compaired to their counterparts, they should just be an alien from Area 51.

The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See - YouTube

Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post

You have a point, TO a point...

But it is also very possible that the bio and aerospace engineers are natives of the state, because the University of Texas is one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the country, and it just happens to be in the South.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:

But it is also very possible that the bio and aerospace engineers are natives of the state, because the University of Texas is one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the country, and it just happens to be in the South.

Sure Texas is in the "south", but talk to anyone in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, etc. and they will tell you that Texans are not real southerners because they don't share that 'southern culture.'

Sure, there are probably some who work there from Texas. What else do you expect? Are you going to say that just because Google is headquartered in CA, then all it's employees are from CA. Really?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Most the "country" guys I know are not engineers. They are farmers, welders, carpenters, electricans, Sheriff Deputies, mechanics, factory workers, CDL Class A truck drivers etc. YMMV

Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Most the "country" guys I know are not engineers. They are farmers, welders, carpenters, electricans, Sheriff Deputies, mechanics, factory workers etc. YMMV
That is the case where I live, and all of these men have average to above average intelligence, they just might not have a college degree to flash around. They do have good paying jobs. Take my brother for example, electrician for a oil rig offshore. High School Diploma, plus his job gave him training. Six figure salary.

LIKE having a college degree proves anything about intelligence THESE days. That's like saying. Oh no, he (or she!) is not gay..they're married.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
That is the case where I live, and all of these men have average to above average intelligence, they just might not have a college degree to flash around. They do have good paying jobs. Take my brother for example, electrician for a oil rig offshore. High School Diploma, plus his job gave him training. Six figure salary.

LIKE having a college degree proves anything about intelligence THESE days. That's like saying. Oh no, he (or she!) is not gay..they're married.
These men are smarter than many women give them credit for. In some cases, they are smarter than the guys with degrees that they work with. The guys with the degrees ASK too many damn questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships