Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,539,309 times

Advertisements

Yes, why is this 'new friend' divulging personal health info for other people (his bf and his friend)? Healthy or not, he is catty and obviously have alterior movtives...Distance yourself. You don't need that bull... Move on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 04:21 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,496,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I made a new gay friend at a bar.

He told me that he has a bf that is HIV positive and that they are mostly just friends now and non-sexual.

Next, he told me that another one of his friends that I met is HIV positive.

He says that he is negative. I told him I am just into being friends, no sex etc.

So is he just trying to c block his friends, or is this something I need to be super cautious about because when I hear about anybody having HIV I want to distance myself. But then again these could be lies etc.
What is "c block"?

I believe you should follow your instincts on this matter. You are the only one who has met the guy.

If he is flippantly mentioning who is poz, then maybe he is picking up on your HIV fears and is simply helping you out.

Hopefully, you are aware there have always been stories of people who are poz who continue to have unsafe sex and never tell anyone they are POZ. They are twisted and feel its your own fault if you don't have the sense to protect yourself. Sad world for some folks, eh?

He stated he was HIV negative. So, you could start by being open and honest with him and tell him how you feel about being around people with HIV. You should also know by now, as many in the gay world know, there are a great many folks who are HIV Poz who have lived for 20 years or more after being diagnosed and are still not showing any symptoms.

Good luck in your future and be safe.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,875,707 times
A c block? Is when you block one other or others from becoming boyfriends or sexually intimate by saying negative comments or trying other sneaky gimmicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
What is "c block"?

I believe you should follow your instincts on this matter. You are the only one who has met the guy.

If he is flippantly mentioning who is poz, then maybe he is picking up on your HIV fears and is simply helping you out.

Hopefully, you are aware there have always been stories of people who are poz who continue to have unsafe sex and never tell anyone they are POZ. They are twisted and feel its your own fault if you don't have the sense to protect yourself. Sad world for some folks, eh?

He stated he was HIV negative. So, you could start by being open and honest with him and tell him how you feel about being around people with HIV. You should also know by now, as many in the gay world know, there are a great many folks who are HIV Poz who have lived for 20 years or more after being diagnosed and are still not showing any symptoms.

Good luck in your future and be safe.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:15 PM

cool advice. I had the feeling that I really needed to distance myself too.
His friends were pretty cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Yes, why is this 'new friend' divulging personal health info for other people (his bf and his friend)? Healthy or not, he is catty and obviously have alterior movtives...Distance yourself. You don't need that bull... Move on...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,539,309 times
I would not hangout with this guy for the shear fact he might C block you to other men...and scare away good potential for you!
Like I said, catty and very insecure...

Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM

Ok. But would you wave at him and give him a hug if you see him at dance club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I would not hangout with this guy for the shear fact he might C block you to other men...and scare away good potential for you!
Like I said, catty and very insecure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships