Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 09:07 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times

Advertisements

She may have liked ancient history: Mycenean, Minoan, Mayan or Aztec culture?
Where the Swastika Was Found 12,000 Years Before Hitler Made Us Uncomfortable About It

From her response it sounds like you have indication of type of behavior you may want to verify if it still lingers and then make up your mind whether she is worth your continued time investment toward something meaningful. If she's really nice and you 'click' you can offer to come up with a cool new 'creative' additional design to camouflage it.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:29 PM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Glad you asked. I don't really buy that she can't find a way to change it, but whatever.

BTW people should be aware that tattoo artists all over the world offer free swastika tattoos each November as part of a movement to "take back" the symbol and return it to its former meaning in Hindu and Buddhism. This is in tribute to a Canadian artist. So you may see artistic versions of the swastika as tats again in the future. Personally I couldn't agree to this.

Learn To Love The Swastika? Tattoo Parlours Aim To 'Take Back' Symbol From The Nazis In New Scheme | The Huffington Post
Global effort to ‘reclaim’ the swastika, one free tattoo at a time | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Old 02-02-2017, 10:36 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
There was definitely a time where this symbol didn't have the same meaning that it does now and a negative and hateful connotation.

I would be skeptical of someone having a tattoo of one, in which it wasn't supposed to represent what it now represents. I would definitely understand if someone had one and changed later on in life, I'm sure that happens. If they still held those beliefs though, I think I'd find it hard to wanna be around them.

But make no mistake about it, sadly, I've met and know quite a few people that have similar beliefs and do not subscribe to Nazism.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:22 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Glad you asked. I don't really buy that she can't find a way to change it, but whatever.

BTW people should be aware that tattoo artists all over the world offer free swastika tattoos each November as part of a movement to "take back" the symbol and return it to its former meaning in Hindu and Buddhism. This is in tribute to a Canadian artist. So you may see artistic versions of the swastika as tats again in the future. Personally I couldn't agree to this.

Learn To Love The Swastika? Tattoo Parlours Aim To 'Take Back' Symbol From The Nazis In New Scheme | The Huffington Post
Global effort to ‘reclaim’ the swastika, one free tattoo at a time | Jewish Telegraphic Agency
Lovely.

I wouldn't associate with anyone who even remotely thought that this was a good or appropriate idea. But, of course, to each their own.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:04 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post

This is INK, people! What's next? A stylized 666 that's no longer Satanic!?

Old 02-03-2017, 12:22 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Ask her about it.
that would be my advice as well. read up on them here;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Old 02-03-2017, 12:56 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,346,405 times
My Girlfriend has a tattoo on her leg
Thats hot

In the end its her body thou

Old 02-03-2017, 01:23 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I dated a girl who had a butterfly tattoo.

She wasn't, as it turned out, a butterfly.
So did my gf that just left me, a good size butterfly on her right butt cheek. Up where the op is talking about she had a frog. So when she left I'm still kind of confused whether she flew away or lept, but either way she's gone.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So I really need some advice. I have been on 4 dates with a woman that has always been nice and I have known for about a month before asking her out.

Everything between us has been great and we have so far had some fun dates, however on our last one we were at her place and at one point she dropped something and picked it up and not to sound like I was intentionally looking but as she picked it up the back of her jeans slipped down a bit (wearing low rise type jeans) and saw a swastika tattoo very low on her back. I was quite shocked, she has never said anything racist or the like.

Looking back the only thing in retrospect that seemed a little odd was during our last date we started talking about politics and got on the subject of our president and such (and not to stereotype but she is a big fan of trump) and I made mention that Israel will have some problem with trump and she asked if I had ever dated a Jewish woman. I said no and didn't really think much of it.

I never said anything to her when I saw it, and she is 30 so perhaps I am just being naive but I think it's possible she could have gotten it when she was very young and even if she did have racist beliefs she doesn't now but hasn't gotten it removed yet.

Should I confront her in a nice way next time we get together or just assume the worse and just immediately end it?
Swastika is a symbol of peace and well being on many cultures. In the West it is a symbol of hatred thanks to nazi Germany. In the East. Swastika are used as religious symbols in Hinduism and Buddhism. You should ask about your girlfriend religion. Also Trump Iscl not an anti Semitic. People don't know that Trump is honorary or a closet Jew. His grandkids are all Jewish, and his kids married Jewish spouses.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:17 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
The OP already answered, it isn't the happy good luck version of the symbol-- his new friend confessed she was a hateful Nazi who got 'mixed up with the wrong crowd', and now reports having 'a change of heart' since the Nazi swastika tattoo incident.

Can we quit with the educational lessons and benefit-of-the-doubt-posts now?
Funny how there are so many scholars of symbols coming forth, just read his posts instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships