Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 03:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

I would never involve myself with a woman who had a symbol of racism and hatred tattoo'd on them. I wouldn't care if she went through a "phase". People like that don't change.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:00 PM

454 posts, read 310,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So wanted to give an update: I talked to her about it, she said she got it when she was 19 and she was just really angry going through some life issues then and got involved with the wrong people. She said she doesn't have any racist or prejudice views and she would remove it but hasn't really had the money to.
Keep the relationship on the not-so-serious side until you get more info on this. At no point in my life would I have felt like getting a symbol of hate tatooed on myself would be a good idea. I feel like that's a big red flag regardless of how she blew it off. The comment about dating jewish women was odd also.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:07 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
Keep the relationship on the not-so-serious side until you get more info on this. At no point in my life would I have felt like getting a symbol of hate tatooed on myself would be a good idea. I feel like that's a big red flag regardless of how she blew it off. The comment about dating jewish women was odd also.
so why should he have ANY sort of relationship with her if it's such a huge red flag? Is va-jay-jay really that important?

Old 02-07-2017, 04:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
so why should he have ANY sort of relationship with her if it's such a huge red flag? Is va-jay-jay really that important?
You'd be surprised what some men will put up with just to get laid.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:09 PM

454 posts, read 310,722 times
Quote:
He really likes her and there is a small chance she really did make a mistake that she truly regrets. None of us are there with him and no one here really knows her.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Another pretzel.

A swastika is not 'dumb' it is offensive and everyone who sees it knows its meaning. Your example of a benign tattoo is not even close to the same thing.

If she doesn't care that people will see it and think she is a racist, then well... lack of awareness comes into play. Lack of common sense, too.

She had years to come up with 1 to 2 k. Again she has no money or she prioritized other things.

People actually forget that they have tattoos? That's...well, stupid.

So, thanks for proving that my list is valid. Your list is...well, you tried. I can give you that.
I would have it removed as well aka never done it in the first place. I just tried to give you a different POV.
There are people around with a missing front tooth but rather buy a new car than a tooth. A lot of people just don't care and in this case, it is on her a$$ so it is easier to ignore I guess. I don't know. I wouldn't date anybody with a swastika or who makes a racist comment. I was just trying to explain some peoples view - which I don't agree on.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I've sorta backed out of this thread because I've seen some of the most stupidest, completely clueless responses in it, I mean shockingly clueless. The flip side is the level of people who have a so what attitude about it. LOL.

The stretching and reaching for logic in here was mind numbing.

I could maybe give a pass, so to speak to the woman, until the line about him saying that she asked him if he dated a jew. Up to that point I would have probably would have tried to figure some way to maybe, maybe give the woman a pass, just chalk it up to the folly of youth or whatever.

Another line of logic that some people were using which was beyond inane was the "what's wrong with ink" arguments that a few members tried to pull.

I mean talk about missing the point, I don't know how someone could actually be that logic and rational thinking challenged that that would have been a cohesive and well thought out argument for some

Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So I really need some advice. I have been on 4 dates with a woman that has always been nice and I have known for about a month before asking her out.

Everything between us has been great and we have so far had some fun dates, however on our last one we were at her place and at one point she dropped something and picked it up and not to sound like I was intentionally looking but as she picked it up the back of her jeans slipped down a bit (wearing low rise type jeans) and saw a swastika tattoo very low on her back. I was quite shocked, she has never said anything racist or the like.

Looking back the only thing in retrospect that seemed a little odd was during our last date we started talking about politics and got on the subject of our president and such (and not to stereotype but she is a big fan of trump) and I made mention that Israel will have some problem with trump and she asked if I had ever dated a Jewish woman. I said no and didn't really think much of it.

I never said anything to her when I saw it, and she is 30 so perhaps I am just being naive but I think it's possible she could have gotten it when she was very young and even if she did have racist beliefs she doesn't now but hasn't gotten it removed yet.

Should I confront her in a nice way next time we get together or just assume the worse and just immediately end it?
That is a pretty serious message to have placed on your body. The question are you willing to be in a relationship with someone who might be a racist? I would ask her about it. Why beat around the bush. If you ask her about it ... it gives her the chance to explain. You will only know if you ask her.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:12 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
LOL, it is truly amazing what things you people think should fly and which shouldn't.

Crazy Exes? Give him the boot!
Swastika Tattoo? Eh..... I mean.... you know.... maybe she has changed but forgot it was there....

Old 02-07-2017, 04:18 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
LOL, it is truly amazing what things you people think should fly and which shouldn't.

Crazy Exes? Give him the boot!
Swastika Tattoo? Eh..... I mean.... you know.... maybe she has changed but forgot it was there....
There are many stupid people out there. They think if they cover it up with clothes, it doesnt exist anymore.

Doesn't mean I condone it nor would I date anybody like that. So ya'll hold your horses before you jump at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships