Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Dang.. that's pretty blatant! I didn't realize it was so obvious...

A LOT of people that have extra-marital sex... a lot. .. it usually just sex.

However, I've only known a couple of people (one husband and one wife) that full blown affairs.... they didn't seek them... They didn't approach an another person and hit on them. Simply circumstances presented the temptation and they took it to fulfill other needs.

BTW.. those guys that approach you are stupid. Never ask a woman for a number... you volunteer your own. Most women find straight up asking for her number pretty aggressive... married or single. One friend of mine got a number from a guy that we were able to trace all the way back to his work and home... Even got a license plate out of it. lol. stupid stupid stupid.
I don't know... but I am taking it offensively. I am not really taking this as a complement. Maybe I should be being more rude about it. Ex Hi... you look easy..... so I though I would give it a shot . Depending on guy totally clearly new I was married. Someone times I give them the benefit of the double ex. I was wearing rings on all my fingers so they might have been confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 08:18 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I don't know... but I am taking it offensively. I am not really taking this as a complement. Maybe I should be being more rude about it. Ex Hi... you look easy..... so I though I would give it a shot . Depending on guy totally clearly new I was married. Someone times I give them the benefit of the double ex. I was wearing rings on all my fingers so they might have been confused.
I think a certain assertiveness/rudeness is warranted.... especially after you informed him and he continued to pursue. At that point, he's just putting a damper on your night out for enjoyment. If someone asked for my number under those circumstances, the first thing out of my mouth would be "What the F for?"

Old 02-12-2017, 08:30 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

BTW.. those guys that approach you are stupid. Never ask a woman for a number... you volunteer your own. Most women find straight up asking for her number pretty aggressive... married or single. One friend of mine got a number from a guy that we were able to trace all the way back to his work and home... Even got a license plate out of it. lol. stupid stupid stupid.
Except even if a woman is interested in you, they won't volunteer their #, but wait for you to ask it.

And your last sentence is a bit over the top. Sure, someone might find information about me if I give out my number or what not, but big deal. You can't worry about every single thing that might happen.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Except even if a woman is interested in you, they won't volunteer their #, but wait for you to ask it.

And your last sentence is a bit over the top. Sure, someone might find information about me if I give out my number or what not, but big deal. You can't worry about every single thing that might happen.
If a woman is interested, you should still volunteer your number.... not ask for hers. Put the ball in her court which makes it less aggressive.

It is a big deal if you are married and looking to hook up... (or in that case a John).

Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,045 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

Risk factors.....
To be honest one thing I have learned being a women the most risky thing I could do if a man is pursuing me is to very harshly insult him because there is a 50/50 of what may happen.... he is either going to be embarrassed and walk away ( and I have made an enemy which may retaliate later) or he is going to get aggressive either verbally ot physically. So unless you want drama better try to be poliet, but firm. I have had some close calls a few times and I really have to emphasize if someone out sizes you better to deescalte the situation then to get them all hyped up and angry. You never really know the mentality of someone who randomly approaches you. Especially if it is a guy with his freinds .... some people go nuts if you make them look bad in front of other people.

I had a bad experience with this when travelling once. I was pretty much pulled in to a store by this guy who was being really freindly and then he literally started trying to touch me to massage my shoulder and his hand started touching my bra... I felt really unfortable after that and told him I had to go because my freind was waiting for me and he starting swearing at me saying oh you think you are too good for me ... then as I was leaving his freinds started following me calling me names. I was lucky I got out there fast or did not actually be rude to him because I would have either been beaten up or gang raped. Those guys were totally animals.

Some times you just need to focus on getting out of the situation safely because if I started telling that guy off and did not realized there were a group of his freinds standing around close by they were going to feel they had the right to harm me because I was being disrespectful to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships