Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 08:16 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Because hopefully new employees don't start off their first few days (weeks, whatever) mackin' on the women. They should be learning their jobs, and dating people at worked is usually frowned upon.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 AM

599 posts, read 693,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I understand, but a lot of people don't have that and they want that so they think that what you are getting is a good thing. They don't think about the disadvantages of some "perceived advantages".
I used to just ignore these things because I figure it wasn't what I thought, which sometimes is true

Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
^ I'll never be "hurt" that's for sure.
I think everyone can admit that females use males, and that in another way males use females.
Which you think occurs more, is up to you.
I'd say it is more or less equal.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I rarely approach women I'm attracted to. My feeling is, if she's desirable, she isn't available.
So, have you ever had a gf?

Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
We have a couple of new people at work and i can just feel the stares on my body. The double takes and the staring into my eyes thing, i can feel the sexual attraction.
Not that i want a relationship at work, but it's just weird to me and it seems to happen frequently. I'm not conceited, i have flaws and i'm humble for the record.
They are attractive men, but i'm thinking there is some issue and that is why they can't talk to me, like maybe they're married, separated, or with GF.
If you know he's attracted then why aren't you approaching him?

Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I rarely approach women I'm attracted to. My feeling is, if she's desirable, she isn't available.
98% of the time this is actually accurate. I feel if I want her nine times out of ten another guy already has her.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM

602 posts, read 395,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So, have you ever had a gf?
have you seen his other thread?

Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,774,203 times
It doesn't matter, it's at work. I can't date anyone at work so I don't think anything of it whether they "approach" or not. I talk to random men and women at work to be friendly. As for outside of work, male gym trainers say hi to me a lot. I figure it's because I'm always there and they'd welcome another client anytime but I feel the attraction as well. I think this because women trainers never approach me. And as for randomnly on the streets, I've been approached but what do you think is going to come of it? Here's a typical conversation:

(Respectful version)
Guy: hi there, I think you're beautiful.
Me: thank you
*it usually stops there, if it continues it would go like this
Guy: can I take you out sometime?
Me: sorry, I'm only in town for a few weeks
*sadly it's true that I usually get approached when I'm about to move

(Other version)
Drunk guy on the bus: (yelling) you're beautiful!
*me running away

Old 02-15-2017, 11:36 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Maybe we just don't want to go through the time and trouble or maybe we're unavailable and it is better to not even open that door to infidelity. If you are going to engage someone, you need some type of exit strategy if it does not go the way you think it would, or if you're misunderstood. Sometimes it's more fun not to start something, than to engage just because we can. It is not as though we do not know how to.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
I wasn't bragging for the record. Just was trying to deal with intrusive staring
But how can you even tell if people are staring at you?
You'd have to look at their eyes to see whether their eyes are directed at you, and that would require you to stare at them.
So maybe the solution is don't stare at other people's faces.
When I'm in public I'd have no idea who is staring at me, because I don't survey the room to see where each person is looking.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships