Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 05:50 PM

1,153 posts, read 2,137,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
People will use OLD for hookups or relationships - doesn't matter what the site is. I'm on a break from dating, but I would have loved to find a single dad of one as I am a single mom of one.
Very true. OLD has that anonymity which will always lead to people being bolder than usual. Well you ARE in NJ...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 06:42 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,998,391 times
Do you have a vasectomy yet? Because that would prevent any women thinking they could "convert" you.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:46 PM

602 posts, read 394,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
Very true. OLD has that anonymity which will always lead to people being bolder than usual. Well you ARE in NJ...lol
and just what is that supposed to mean? LOL

Old 02-12-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
and just what is that supposed to mean? LOL
I meant more that I'm in NYC, you are in NJ. After rereading that definitely didn't come out right.

Old 02-12-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Do you have a vasectomy yet? Because that would prevent any women thinking they could "convert" you.
That is certainly something I have looked into. Stops that discussion all together. Maybe something to do this year. My suggesting it to someone I dated a bit caused her to get upset that I would do that.

Old 02-12-2017, 07:33 PM

602 posts, read 394,492 times
Quote:
I meant more that I'm in NYC, you are in NJ. After rereading that definitely didn't come out right.
it definitely didn't, lol! Yeah, I know us Jersey dwellers aren't worth the train ride for you hoighty toighty New York studs...

Old 02-12-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
it definitely didn't, lol! Yeah, I know us Jersey dwellers aren't worth the train ride for you hoighty toighty New York studs...
Ehh I'm in Queens. We aren't as snobish as the Manhattanites and Brooklynites (even though most arent even from NYC). I dont get all the Jersey hate. Minus Jersey Shore and Chris Christie.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:56 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,322,970 times
Quote:
So I have been Tindering it up and been failing pretty hard. I have met one girl but she had so many red flags that I identified but tried to ignore since I really had good convo with her.

My big issue is girls see that I have a child (I put it front and center to ensure the expectation is set) and they don't want to talk. When we do get to talk, if the convo about kids comes up, I say very strictly that I am not having anymore kids. I'm 31 with an almost 6 year old. I'm good. I don't want anymore, no one is convincing me, I just dont want to go through the newborn phase again and i just dont have money to support another child.

That makes it exceptionally hard to find someone. Anyone below 27 seems to want to just have fun and party and travel the world. Anyone over that age is looking for marriage and kids. I feel a bit stuck. I dont want to pull away and not look for "the one" but I feel like having these two strikes is a warning sign to women to stay away. I dont want to compromise because I know what's right for me, focusing on my daughter only.
Im a 35 y/o woman & i dont want kids. My bf has 2. When he said he didnt want anymore, i was over the moon! It's awesome bc theres never any pressure on that front.

Not all women find want kids.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
I want to thank you OP for being a Dad!

Old 02-21-2017, 08:44 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,690,187 times
So, does that mean you are automatically ruling out dating any women with kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships