Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:03 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I can make the same list for top 10 things women do not understand about men but I kinda have better things to do right now. Mostly I don't understand why a guy would be so clueless as to make a video asking "why do women care so much about shoes" (that's when I stopped watching). It's like asking why do men care so much about sports and cars? UGH.
The only shoes this woman cares about are the ones she needs to play her sports.

I dont own a single handbag, but I got cars aplenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 07:21 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
I couldn't sit through it. It's a string of stereotypes that doesn't apply to any women I know. It's not reality. *yawn* Just another day on CD-R.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:12 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,214,956 times
I can't speak for other women but most these things don't apply to me.

10) I've never ordered a salad to impress a date. I simply order what I want to eat, I don't pick out of a date's plate. Date or not, I think it is rude to pick out of someone's plate unless they offer their food to you. The only time I order a salad is if I am at a place that doesn't have a gluten-free menu.

9) I don't obsess over having a wedding and would prefer to get married at a courthouse. I don't like attention and fanfare.

8) I don't like bad boys. I would love to meet a nice guy. I haven't met any.

7) I never say I'm fine when I'm not. I express myself like an adult. If something bothers me, I make it known.

6) I don't gossip. I don't want to be in anyone's business. I don't care about other people's lives.

5) I do love shoes though. At least for me, I find that women's shoes aren't made as high quality as men's are so I have to buy them often if I can't get them repaired, as they wear out quickly. Plus we have to wear different shoes depending on what we are wearing. We can't wear the same shoe for all outfits or occasions unfortunately. I'm not willing to spend a fortune on shoes though. I get all my shoes on sale and I tend to find the best quality, designer shoes in thrift stores. I find that at department stores, men's and women's shoes are similarly priced. Only women who are obsessed with designer labels spend a fortune on shoes. This is not all women. Avoid women who are obsessed with labels if spending lot bothers you.

4) I am not always cold. But if know I am going to be in a situation where I may get cold, I dress accordingly. I don't complain about being cold.

3) Like shoes, we have to have different purses for different occasions. Women have certain biological needs so that means we have to carry a purse to keep these items. I clean and organize my purse often. Some women do carry a lot of stuff unnecessarily.

2) I don't go to the bathroom with other women. I only go when I need to and I prefer to go alone.

1) Men want women who look attractive. It takes work guys. If we cared for ourselves the way men did, we'd be unkempt and not look as a attractive as we could.

*Women's hair takes time to do, especially if it's long (this often involves blow drying and flat ironing). Making our hair look nice takes time and effort, especially depending on our hairstyle and texture. Not all of us have wash and go hair. Not all of us can simply run a comb or brush through our hair and it looks perfect. Plus women mostly wear our hair long. Long hair takes time to do. Men can just run a comb through their hair because they keep it short.

*We wear make up.

*We have to remove body hair, unless you are ok with your date/partner being hairy.

*We have to make sure our finger nails and toe nails are manicured, unless you don't care how her hands look and don't mind rough feet on a woman. A lot of men like feet. We have to maintain our feet if you want them to look nice.

*We want to put together a nice outfit because we want to look good for you.

Simply put, women take a long time to get ready because we want to look good for men. If it bothers you that it takes time for a woman to get ready, tell her you don't care how she looks and don't mind if her hair is unkempt, you don't care if her outfit looks nice, you don't like makeup, you don't care if she has body hair and you don't care what her hands or feet look like. This will save you time if this is an issue for you,

The best way for women to mitigate taking too long to get ready is to give themselves enough lead time to get ready so when he's ready you can just walk out the door.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:59 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,962,626 times
I really don't find women that difficult to understand. Doesn't mean some it isn't crazy but I get it. What I dont get are fuggin millennials!

Old 02-13-2017, 11:25 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post

4) I am not always cold. But if know I am going to be in a situation where I may get cold, I dress accordingly. I don't complain about being cold.
lol One thing that's really different about where I live now (New Mexico) compared to the West Coast is that I've noticed a lot of guys, varying ages, wear black leather dress jackets in winter. They're not lined. Just leather. They don't wear sweaters underneath; just a cotton shirt. Even in winter, when there's snow on the ground. So they're always COLD! I don't get it! I've never seen this before, anywhere. Even in California winters, men wear nice wool coats. They know how to stay warm. Women know how to dress to keep warm. But for some reason here in NM, there are a lot of men who don't know how to dress warmly. So strange.

I think it was Dustin Hoffman who had a routine in a movie a long time ago, where he'd but on a suede jacket, and his friends would look at it, and ask him "aren't you cold?", and he'd say, "It's suede!" as if that explained something. He'd meet a date, and she'd ask him, "Aren't you cold?". Again: "It's suede!" lol Maybe men think leather has some magical insulating qualities? Until they get out into below-freezing weather in it. Then, they're COLD!

Old 02-14-2017, 12:53 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
I hate bad boys.
I want to punch them in the face.
Even someone as benign as Ferris Bueler.
All the other kids watching the movie thought he was a cool rebel.
I thought he was an ahole.

Old 02-14-2017, 11:48 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I'll take Victim Complex for $200, Fleetie.

I'll take Irony for $500 Alex-It's the Daily Double!!

Bashing men here you is called "speaking the truth, and men should stop playing victim" But take the same post and put replace men with women, and you'll see triggered and Oscar winning victim playing, followed by deletion.

I'll also take Double Standards for $1000 Alex!!

It's easy to be condescending and cocky when the double standards are in your favor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships