Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:07 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I am currently thinking about relocating from the Northeast to CA.
It might not hurt. The weather is certainly more conducive to getting out and about outside of your shell. Walking, mingling and being available to others might just do wonders for you, your health and outlook and your dating life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 01:59 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
OP, I just looked at your profile picture, and you are cute as can be...a very pretty girl.

Let me steal a quote from Greg Berendt, author of "He's just not that into you"..."Don't waste the pretty"...move to the west coast, get outside (it's easy to do once you are out there in CA), and force yourself to start embracing life. Also, I would encourage you to try online dating because it is a great way to start meeting people...just be sure that when you get together with a date in person that you meet in a safe and very public place and let someone, even if it's just a neighbor you hardly know, let someone know where you are going and who you are meeting.

You are too adorable to waste away with no relationship in your life...and if you're bi-curious, try dating both men and women and see which feels right to you.

Best of luck to you!

Old 02-17-2017, 02:04 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Is the OP still around? Would be nice to have some feedback from her.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:07 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
It's not the norm, hence it is abnormal, but abnormal has a nasty tone to it, perhaps view it as going down a less traveled path???

I think as others have mentioned the OP has to get herself out there, it's far to easy for certain people to get wrapped into their own little worlds and it become too easy to slip into not doing anything.

Good luck OP.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's not the norm, hence it is abnormal, but abnormal has a nasty tone to it, perhaps view it as going down a less traveled path???
Yep.

The longer I live, the less I care about being "normal."

Old 02-18-2017, 09:50 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I certainly hope you will follow up with the OP and get to know one another.

Even though this is not a matchmaking site, there are so many people here with dating issues in common, that I often wonder why they don't join forces more often. Seems the forum world is a better way of meeting people than online dating is. Less pressure, you know.
There are couples who have met from talking on City-data forums. Those who then were married.....

Best of luck to you, Water4Life.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
There are couples who have met from talking on City-data forums. Those who then were married.....

Best of luck to you, Water4Life.
Very true mate I've read that on here as well

If location wasn't an issue I'm sure many would meet and greet

Old 02-21-2017, 01:24 PM

209 posts, read 220,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
Well, in the strictness sense of the word you my dear ARE abnormal, in that your having approached middle age with never having sex is not the norm. Hence abnormal. But not I don't think abnormal as in freakish or anything.

If I may be so bold, I noticed you said you would describe yourself as straight. To me, a strictly and purely straight person, say, like me, would never say I describe myself as heterosexual. I and I think mostly all, would say I'm straight. You sort of qualified it, see? And a gay person would also probably just say I'm Gay.

My two cents? You're at the least bi curious if not gay and have been repressing it. You need to embrace it. It's 2017. Life is too short to spend it in a state of unsatisfying repression.

I could be way off base. If I offended you I'm sorry, but I'm just relaying the vibe I picked up very quickly and strongly from your post. Thanks.
I'm definitely attracted to men, but because I've led an asexual lifestyle and haven't really connected with a man, I would be open to having a romantic relationship with a woman, as long as it did not involve sex.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I think as others have mentioned the OP has to get herself out there, it's far to easy for certain people to get wrapped into their own little worlds and it become too easy to slip into not doing anything.

Good luck OP.
I do believe that I'm abnormal with respect to formulating social relationships. I have never been good at connecting with people. For the most part, I live in my own world.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
OP, I just looked at your profile picture, and you are cute as can be...a very pretty girl.

Let me steal a quote from Greg Berendt, author of "He's just not that into you"..."Don't waste the pretty"...move to the west coast, get outside (it's easy to do once you are out there in CA), and force yourself to start embracing life. Also, I would encourage you to try online dating because it is a great way to start meeting people...just be sure that when you get together with a date in person that you meet in a safe and very public place and let someone, even if it's just a neighbor you hardly know, let someone know where you are going and who you are meeting.

You are too adorable to waste away with no relationship in your life...and if you're bi-curious, try dating both men and women and see which feels right to you.

Best of luck to you!
Thank you for your kind words. My main issue is, I'm very socially awkward, which directly plays a role in my decision not to engage with people offline, unless required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships