Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 PM

14 posts, read 7,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
High value guys definitely won't chase after a woman they already had sex with and is playing games.
I'm curious, what are these "games" you speak of? What games do women play and how do they play hard to get? Can you give me some examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBeeee View Post
I'm curious, what are these "games" you speak of? What games do women play and how do they play hard to get? Can you give me some examples?
I've found that many guys can't give examples of playing games. But it usually means the man is not getting what he wants. Which doesn't mean the woman is playing games with him. She's just telling him "no".

Old 02-17-2017, 10:29 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I've found that many guys can't give examples of playing games. But it usually means the man is not getting what he wants. Which doesn't mean the woman is playing games with him. She's just telling him "no".
That's what I'm saying. Kinda creepy.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:32 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBeeee View Post

I'll give it a try:

Saying "yes we can go out" but then always being busy, making just enough time for the guy to keep him from moving on.
Expressing interest, but keeping a distance, never allowing anything to develop, usually by using the tired "Let's take it slow" but going at a pace that would make a glacier seem fast

Acting very interested, but then lukewarm and extremely non-committal when he asks about dating-

Seems happy to want to spend time with him, but sets strict "rules" about when he can call, or see her.
Mixed signals (hot, cold, lukewarm, cold again)

Making the man "chase" her by showing interest, then not showing any, then back again

I agree its on the guy if he allows himself to be treated this way, but still.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:24 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I'll give it a try:

Saying "yes we can go out" but then always being busy, making just enough time for the guy to keep him from moving on.
Expressing interest, but keeping a distance, never allowing anything to develop, usually by using the tired "Let's take it slow" but going at a pace that would make a glacier seem fast

Acting very interested, but then lukewarm and extremely non-committal when he asks about dating-

Seems happy to want to spend time with him, but sets strict "rules" about when he can call, or see her.

Making the man "chase" her by showing interest, then not showing any, then back again

Good examples. Basically took the words right out of my mouth, lol.

That's pretty much been a lot of my story when it comes to dating. For example, just recently, a girl I met online was seemingly into me (calling me hot AF, attractive, sweetheart, etc.), but would always be very hot and cold. She ended up ghosting me.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:34 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Lol, exactly. Basically just makes guys look like giant babies. Like, he doesn't want to make plans, but expects you to be around whenever it's convenient for him. It's funny how guys will seemingly do anything in the beginning; wait around for an hour, or drive a long ways just to see you...then, after a few weeks, even driving across town or waiting 15 min. is too much. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's what I'm saying. Kinda creepy.
yep.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:23 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
Lol, exactly. Basically just makes guys look like giant babies. Like, he doesn't want to make plans, but expects you to be around whenever it's convenient for him. It's funny how guys will seemingly do anything in the beginning; wait around for an hour, or drive a long ways just to see you...then, after a few weeks, even driving across town or waiting 15 min. is too much. lol

yep.
If a guy is not getting results proportionate with the effort he is putting in, of course he is going to be inclined to do less for a woman because she is giving the impression of not being receptive to him.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:24 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If a guy is not getting results proportionate with the effort he is putting in, of course he is going to be inclined to do less for a woman because she is giving the impression of not being receptive to him.
what constitutes 'results'?

and, I don't know how someone could not be 'receptive' if two people are clearly dating (or, whatever...), spending a lot of time texting, and seeing each other regularly.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:31 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaoudeyeh View Post
Many women like to play hard-to-get. I just wonder whether this is a direct reason that many guys dump a woman after getting whatever they want from her, or just getting bored of her.
Or maybe they didn't like what they got after they got it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 02-19-2017, 11:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I'll give it a try:

That's not playing hard to get, those are headgames. Playing hard to get involves flirtation and a build-up to being "gotten". What you describe above is not someone wanting to be "gotten" by you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships