Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 PM

159 posts, read 806,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
So..

How do you know if they're the one?
For me i knew as soon as i saw him for the first time. and i had prayed for the right person to come into my life so i was ready and willing to see when he came.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
There can be several "the ones" but at different times.
I agree, but don't tell my boyfriend that I think this. lol.

Most of my previous LTR's were right for me at that particular time in my life. Over the decades, I've grown a lot as a person. However, I do feel that my current boyfriend is my best boyfriend yet. My boyfriends in my 20's and 30's were more about infatuation and looking for that love spark, but with my current guy, it's more of a steady mature love with equal parts of lust and like. Plus we are more compatible in terms with our levels of spirituality, morals, common interests and life goals. He respects me and treats me as an equal. Right from the get go, we were very comfortable with each other. In the mornings, I don't rush to make myself presentable for him because he just likes all of my looks, including being disheveled. I think that when I was younger, it was more about seeing a handsome guy that I thought was hot and trying to date him. Over the years, it's now a lot less about good looks and more about the good person he is inside. Basically, I am better at being an interviewer and more cautious about giving my heart out.

The only time I am naive with giving my heart is to my dogs and cats.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:12 PM

102 posts, read 255,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willowtree22 View Post
For me i knew as soon as i saw him for the first time. and i had prayed for the right person to come into my life so i was ready and willing to see when he came.
Amen to that! I had been waiting for years for my mister right to come along. And what I feel for him is beyond what I could ever express in words. It sounds kind of lame but I start typing how I feel for him and things I would sacrifice for him and it's like what I'm typing can't match the feelings that I have inside...it's beyond anything, totally indescribable. You just know when they're the one, and normally you know right in the beginning, there has never been a more amazing feeling than truly being in love and being with the one you know you're going to spend the rest of your life with!

Old 03-10-2008, 11:19 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
This is totally how true it is for me, he makes me feel "complete" and I don't need anyone to tell me who is right for me. I know he is. No, he's not perfect. Neither am I. But, we are happy. Done deal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree, but don't tell my boyfriend that I think this. lol.

Most of my previous LTR's were right for me at that particular time in my life. Over the decades, I've grown a lot as a person. However, I do feel that my current boyfriend is my best boyfriend yet. My boyfriends in my 20's and 30's were more about infatuation and looking for that love spark, but with my current guy, it's more of a steady mature love with equal parts of lust and like. Plus we are more compatible in terms with our levels of spirituality, morals, common interests and life goals. He respects me and treats me as an equal. Right from the get go, we were very comfortable with each other. In the mornings, I don't rush to make myself presentable for him because he just likes all of my looks, including being disheveled. I think that when I was younger, it was more about seeing a handsome guy that I thought was hot and trying to date him. Over the years, it's now a lot less about good looks and more about the good person he is inside. Basically, I am better at being an interviewer and more cautious about giving my heart out.

The only time I am naive with giving my heart is to my dogs and cats.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:29 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
So..

How do you know if they're the one?
I'll have to get back to you. If you'd asked me 3 months ago I could have given you a whole list of reasons I thought he was the one, strangely I'm having a hard time remembering them now.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthmeetsSouth View Post
IMHO, you don't! Sometimes you think you found "The One" because you can't stop thinking about them, you can't wait to see them again, you long to hear their voice, etc, etc. Sometimes it is love, sometimes it is addiction.

I think it is as possible to become addicted to a relationship as it is to become addicted to drugs or alcohol. If you feel like you can't live without them that is bad. If you feel like you can live without them but you can live a more content life with them then that is a healthier relationship.
I agree with you but this is now considered so old fashioned. Everyone has their positives and negatives but unfortunately for most relationships, if the fireworks don't start early enough for them to get the blinders on, the negatives start to build up and quickly overwhelm any possibility for a long lasting loving relationship.

Most people want it all today and unless they are blinded with infatuation, they quickly come to realize that this is not what they are getting. When the infatuation wears off, there is the 50+% divorce rate and another large group that won't divorce because they can't.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 614 times
Personality
Love life and nature in the same way
Share interests
Similar health
Attraction

This makes them the one

Old 08-11-2015, 02:21 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
Knowing someone is your soulmate or the one is a spiritual attribute thus you know it with your spirit not your mind,spiritual knowing is more immediate than any thoughts you can think.

This is why you hear many people who met the one etc say "I just knew" or they say things like "when you know you know"

They'll be no doubts about them.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:37 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Thanks guys, im sure the OP will be right back to answer your posts. Its only been a decade.

And as to the topic

There is no "the one". There are almost 8 billion people on this planet and finding the one person that is best for you, is as probable as winning the big lotto, 28 times in a row, while playing the same numbers. Stop living in fantasy land and come down to earth for a bit.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
When you both can honestly say that both your lives are vastly improved by being together, and the idea of not being together makes no sense, whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships