Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:19 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,006,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I didn't see anything that indicated that.

He ONLY said that he had HOPED she would do one thing, but of course never vocalized it, then got mad when he texted her AGAIN hoping she would be back in the room, and nothing in his description of her explanation showed intent to deceive, in my opinion.

His whole post reeks of his fear of what she might be doing in his absence. If their trust was solid, he would not care.

Thankfully, it appears you have never been in his shoes, but I have, and instantly recognized the underlying, unexpressed thoughts and feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 08:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
His whole post reeks of his fear of what she might be doing in his absence. If their trust was solid, he would not care.
I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Quote:
Thankfully, it appears you have never been in his shoes...
...another leap in logic. You have no way of knowing what I have experienced.

Quote:
, but I have, and instantly recognized the underlying, unexpressed thoughts and feelings.
Soooo ... you could very easily be projecting here?

Because "underlying trust issues" are obvious, but assuming she knew what his reaction would be??

Quote:
I do, nonetheless, contend that his feelings are perfectly valid, especially since there are clearly some preexisting trust issues here, which is why he is so upset and why she did not tell him until the last moment (because she knew what his reaction would be).
We have no idea what SHE was thinking or feeling, but we KNOW the BF is angry that she couldn't read his mind and do what he WISHED she would do (without his actually telling her).

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,721,715 times
You seem very insecure in your relationship, OP. Jealousy and distrust will kill your relationship.

You owe her a huge apology.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I don't think anyone is arguing that.

Soooo ... you could very easily be projecting here? Because "underlying trust issues" are obvious, but assuming she knew what his reaction would be??

We have no idea what SHE was thinking or feeling, but we KNOW the BF is angry that she couldn't read his mind and do what he WISHED she would do (without his actually telling her).
You reinforced my my original statement that there were obvious trust issues. And her unwillingness to simply tell him straight up what she was doing suggests she was concerned about what his reaction would be. First she gave one reason (something about a coworker not wanting to go alone), then switched to another (about it being a good work party to go to). Neither of these is factually relevant; the issue is the thoughts and feelings they stirred up in him.

It is not a projection to recognize commonalities in experiences, or cause and effect relationships.

We do know what she was thinking and feeling but we do know what she was doing, which is all that really matters, isn't it? They have been together long enough to know each others vulnerabilities and the OP is angry that she did not appear to be concerned about his, in the same manner that he is concerned about hers.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
...another leap in logic. You have no way of knowing what I have experienced.
That's why I said, "it appears."

Old 03-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You reinforced my my original statement that there were obvious trust issues. And her unwillingness to simply tell him straight up what she was doing suggests she was concerned about what his reaction would be.
Unwillingness? She didn't know about the party until after they had "signed off."

The rest is conjecture.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Unwillingness? She didn't know about the party until after they had "signed off."

The rest is conjecture.

No, she did not tell him about the party until after they signed off.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
And her unwillingness to simply tell him straight up what she was doing suggests she was concerned about what his reaction would be.

Quote:
No, she did not tell him about the party until after they signed off.
OK, for my last point here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapio View Post

Turns out not 10 minutes had past after I had said good night when she was invited to that party. If I hadnt messaged her again I wouldn't have found out until this morning, or maybe she just wouldn't have told me. That's one thing that is really bothering me right now.
She didn't deliberately mislead him. He texted her AGAIN to check up on her and found out about it.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:

OK, for my last point here:

She didn't deliberately mislead him. He texted her AGAIN to check up on her and found out about it.
That that I would say is conjecture. We don't whether she did or did not.

That also damages the OP's case because he can't subjectively choose to trust some things (like that^^) she says while distrusting others (like what she was doing with lawyer boss).

Old 03-01-2017, 09:28 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,819,104 times
Quote:
Exactly, he said good night, she said good night, and instead of going to sleep he has to contact her again and find something to get mad about, because he didn't really want her to have a good night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships