Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:50 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
yeah, sorry. still gross.
Why is it gross? Because he's 36 and attracted to a 68 year old? I know a 68 year old man that literally looks younger than a lot of 45 year old's and almost every 50 year old I know. Everything about him looks young, from the way he keeps himself in shape, the way he dresses. He usually dyes his hair but even when he's let it go gray a few times, he just looks like a guy that went completely gray at a really young age.

It's funny when I watch old TV shows and sitcoms from years ago. All In The Family is probably my favorite show of all time, and it's funny to see people on that show and how old they were then, in comparison to what people those sames ages look like now. Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker was in still in his late 40's in the first few seasons of the show, yet he looked 60 to me when he was really only 46 or 47. Jean Stapleton was 47-55 when the show was on. My mom is 53 now, yet Jean Stapleton as Edith Bunker looks closer to my now 78 year old grandmother's age than my mom. My mom is aging very well, but Archie and Edith looked like senior citizens on that show, despite still only being in their 40's when the show premiered. Even though Rob Reiner looks young on the show, he was only 23 when the show premiered, but he looked closer to 33 than 23. Sherman Hemsley was 35 years old when he made his first appearance on All In The Family as George Jefferson, that's only a year older than I am now. He looked easily 10 years older than that. In fact, Isabel Sanford was almost 21 years older than him in real life, despite playing his TV wife and them presumably being the same age on the show. Both actors who played their oldest son, were only 11 years younger than him. His aging definitely slowed down later on in life and he didn't age too much more from the 70's until his death, same with Carroll O'Connor and Jean Stapleton. Both looked MUCH older than today's 48-55 year old's when they were on that show though.

It's funny how back in the 70's and 80's, people that were 45 or 48 looked like senior citizens already. There a couple exceptions though. I was utterly shocked when I found out that the actor that plays Dwight on The Walking Dead was over 5 years younger than me and still in his late 20's. I thought he was 35 easy. Every once in a while I find myself attracted to an older woman, even older women who look their age. I still think Diane Lane is incredibly beautiful and it's not like she's that old, she's only 52. She doesn't look very young though, I wouldn't say she looks any younger than 52 at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 06:28 AM

10 posts, read 11,095 times
Quote:
yeah, sorry. still gross.
So what exactly is gross, being attracted to a woman in her 60's or being a woman in her 60's? I can only imagine you mean the former, because from the look at your pictures, you're on the horizon of the latter.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:42 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That's diminished lung capacity due to COPD.
You. I like you.

BWAHahahahahahahahahaha. That's exactly what I thought.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
I don't really care about the age difference as much as I care about the OP somewhat involving himself with a married woman.

I understand you can't help who you fall for, but you can control whether you act on it or not. If you wouldn't want somebody disrespecting your relationship, don't disrespect someone else's. I don't care how screwed up you think their relationship is. It's not your place to decide something is wrong and step in.

I'm glad to know nothing happened.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Sicque....

Old 03-16-2017, 07:30 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
NO 36yr old man is seriously interested in a 68yr old woman. Thats like dating someones grandma.
I missed that asinine generalization earlier. You're gonna tell me Christie Brinkley isn't just a little bit attractive to you? She's 63. While I haven't been with anyone as old as her, I've certainly been with at least one or two that were less attractive than all 63 years of her. I'd totally hook up with Madonna (turning 59 this year) or Michelle Pfeiffer (also turning 59 this year) if I were single and I'm 34.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville H. Brevington View Post
So what exactly is gross, being attracted to a woman in her 60's or being a woman in her 60's? I can only imagine you mean the former, because from the look at your pictures, you're on the horizon of the latter.
There's a lot of much ado about nothing on this forum. A younger guy likes an older woman, he gets shamed for it. Then you got 45 year old guys talking about dating 23 year old's, and some people treat it like the guy is talking about dating a 17 year old or something. People have even suggested on here that there was a chemical imbalance with 40 something year old's that tried to date 20 somethings. These issues are way overblown around here and there's not many voices of reason when it comes to these topics.

The only problem I'd have with your current situation is your neighbor is a married woman.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:30 AM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I missed that asinine generalization earlier. You're gonna tell me Christie Brinkley isn't just a little bit attractive to you? She's 63. While I haven't been with anyone as old as her, I've certainly been with at least one or two that were less attractive than all 63 years of her. I'd totally hook up with Madonna (turning 59 this year) or Michelle Pfeiffer (also turning 59 this year) if I were single and I'm 34.

There's a lot of much ado about nothing on this forum. A younger guy likes an older woman, he gets shamed for it. Then you got 45 year old guys talking about dating 23 year old's, and some people treat it like the guy is talking about dating a 17 year old or something. People have even suggested on here that there was a chemical imbalance with 40 something year old's that tried to date 20 somethings. These issues are way overblown around here and there's not many voices of reason when it comes to these topics.

The only problem I'd have with your current situation is your neighbor is a married woman.
For her age she is still attractive and there are still many attractive women turning 60, but take up off that makeup and see what you are really working with. Its natural for a older guy to want a younger woman, but even a 45 yr old man will end up dealing with alot of crap from a 23 yr old woman as she finds her self in life. Most of my female friends in their 20's when they dated a 40yr old, always drove the guy away. Im mid 30's and wouldnt date a 23yr old. Most men when looking at 20yrs younger than them women are thinking more sex wise than long term relationship.

Typically after 10ys in age difference you have a different generation, I cant possibly see what a 30 yr old would have in common with a 65 + yr old. I could see the conversation now....Its time for Murder She wrote to come on or Matt Lock, give me the remote lol

Old 03-16-2017, 08:54 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville H. Brevington View Post
The thought of a young guy with an old, retired woman.

Old people together are cute.

A 36 having sexual desire and imagining a 68 year old nude is sick in my opinion. Or call it FETISH if you must.

My mom is 69 and she is in very good shape and looks great. Dressed. Her and my dad are health nuts and sports nuts. They hit the gym every few days, still ski, etc. However, no matter what you do at that age, stuff HANGS. SAGS. WRINKLES. Age spots. Old hands. A young guy finding this sexy means to me there is a screw lose. It is abnormal.

Sorry, you asked.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
The women you listed had tons of plastic surgery done. And not just plastic surgery - they had the best and most expensive treatments and they continue to have them. You cannot compare them with a regular everyday woman. And lots of photoshopping and professional makeup and hair done. Let's not kid ourselves.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:28 AM

1,265 posts, read 970,683 times
Quote:
The women you listed had tons of plastic surgery done. And not just plastic surgery - they had the best and most expensive treatments and they continue to have them. You cannot compare them with a regular everyday woman. And lots of photoshopping and professional makeup and hair done. Let's not kid ourselves.
Cant rep you, but exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships