Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Most guys would have dumped you for this.
Yep ... rude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 02:11 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyered View Post
I am confused too. We do (did) get along pretty well. There is no that awkward feeling of "should i call him, should I text him first?" If sometimes he doesn't text me good morning, I send an angry emoji as a joke. I don't hesitate to ask for help with my school assignments ( he is good with computers, while I am a complete opposite).

This last situation is really strange. Here is our communication:

Sunday:
Him: Would like to come by my place tonight or tomorrow?
Me: I really don't like how you just expect me to show up at your place. I will get bored with it pretty fast... just to let you know.
Him: I don't expect you, I was asking if you would come by. We can go out instead. It would be more fun to go out anyway. I like the places by your house. We should go play some pool. I will look up a place.

Monday: (after texting back and forth the entire morning)
him: I feel like I might have caught a cold or something. Giving you heads up in case I feel like a crap later.
me: we can hang out some other day if you dont feel ok.
Him: i will see how I feel by the time I get home.

Here I make plans with my friend and let him know.

Me: hope you feel better. i have made plans for tonight. We can meet tomorrow or next week.
Him:Let's plan for tomorrow

The next day, he texted me in the morning then at noon to let me know he is stopping by his parents' house after work. And that was it until 8pm, when i got mad and texted him.
That is painful.

The guy sounds really nice, laid back, and easy going.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:14 PM

68 posts, read 34,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep ... rude
You do understand that this comes after all the frustration and even a break up over "not going out enough?"

Old 03-08-2017, 02:14 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
This whole relationship seems bizarre to me. Am I the only person who thinks it is normal to meet at one person's house and then go to a location together if you've been dating for a few months? I can see meeting at the location for the first several dates, but when you're way past that point, unless you're going someplace in the middle, meeting at one person's house makes a lot of sense. You can pick an activity that matches your mood at the time.

I also don't see how visiting your parents is a dump-worthy offense. That is just unbelievably cruel to me. The plans were only tentative for the following day and the guy informed the OP early in the day that he had to stop by his parents' house instead. Family is important and if something comes up with the parents, a sibling, niece/nephew, etc, I am certainly not going to hold it against a date.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:16 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyered View Post
You do understand that this comes after all the frustration and even a break up over "not going out enough?"
yep, exactly. You nailed it. Being nasty about not going out on a Monday or Tuesday is ridiculous!!

Old 03-08-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
This whole relationship seems bizarre to me. Am I the only person who thinks it is normal to meet at one person's house and then go to a location together if you've been dating for a few months? I can see meeting at the location for the first several dates, but when you're way past that point, unless you're going someplace in the middle, meeting at one person's house makes a lot of sense. You can pick an activity that matches your mood at the time.

I also don't see how visiting your parents is a dump-worthy offense. That is just unbelievably cruel to me. The plans were only tentative for the following day and the guy informed the OP early in the day that he had to stop by his parents' house instead. Family is important and if something comes up with the parents, a sibling, niece/nephew, etc, I am certainly not going to hold it against a date.
I never said seeing his parents was a problem. The problem was he informed me about his plans (he was out of his parents house by 6.30) and never reached out to make plans for us. And never asked throughout the day either.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:29 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
You two never got to see each other during the daytime?

Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
So this is the absent-minded guy from before??

Would this annoy you?

My advice in that thread still applies. You need to find someone who can read your mind and wants to play by all your rules.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You two never got to see each other during the daytime?
The earliest we went out was 4pm. So,yeah, i guess we never met during the daytime.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:37 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Looking at this thread and the one Wmsn4Life linked, you pretty much have two options, Skyered. You can note that in both threads there was a near unanimous lack of support for your interpretation of things and maybe ponder that, or you can cling to your separate reality, which requires that you believe that 95% of the commenters here are wrong. In that case you remain frustrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships