Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:47 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,946,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
An 80-85% failure rate doesn't seem like very good odds.

Maybe it's because I'm not the kind of woman who's ever been approached by guys who think I'm so hot that they just had to talk to me, but I'd be super suspicious and put off by an approach like that.
Actually a 90% failure rate is great, even a 95-99% failure rate. If one just asks out 100 women a day, very soon the individual will have more dates than they have time for.

Btw lots of women think they would say no to such a proposal, but when faced with the situation in real life they often accept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 12:49 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Actually a 90% failure rate is great, even a 95-99% failure rate. If one just asks out 100 women a day, very soon the individual will have more dates than they have time for.

Btw lots of women think they would say no to such a proposal, but when faced with the situation in real life they often accept.
Yeah, they really wouldn't. And in what world is a 90-95% failure rate a great thing? Lmao.

Lots of women would indeed say no.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Just because a woman is in public doesn't mean she wants to be asked out or even talked to. Some women hate to be hit on.
Yes, a lot of them will say no. No big deal, we are all disappointed in life and none of us have 100% success rates in anything we do.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:51 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
Totes. You know the wimmenz better than they do.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Totes. You know the wimmenz better than they do.
Anyone that says that this won't work does not know women.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:28 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Can it work? Yes

Odds of it working? Very low percentage (especially in the way you've described it).

Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Just because a woman is in public doesn't mean she wants to be asked out or even talked to. Some women hate to be hit on.
You're right, I agree! Don't EVER ask any women out in public EVER!

This rationale is BS though, you could easily say ''Just because a woman is (fill in any place) doesn't mean she wants to be asked out or even talked to''.

And maybe she doesn't, but that doesn't mean guys should be afraid to ask. You could say the same thing about a bar/club or in college or wherever else, as well.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For the paragraph in bold, I don't consider the former a cold approach at all. That's because you're already familiar with the person and have talked with them a couple/few times. If anything, I'd consider that a warm approach, but definitely not cold. The latter? Yeah, that's a cold approach in my book.

For the former, I have no issue doing that, and have done it in the past.

I do agree with you on asking out a person whenever and wherever you want. This whole "you can't ask them out there or there" is BS, lol.

Also, in your previous post before this one, I think the whole "be friends first" argument is mainly about hanging out with them and going out to places for a while and talking. I don't think that argument applies to what I'm saying.

Also, I prefer making conversation first just to see how their convo skills are. One thing that's happened plenty of times in the past is that I may go up to a girl that's hot, but completely lacks social/convo skills, and that just kills my attraction right there, lol.
I guess we generally agree then.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:33 PM

290 posts, read 214,325 times
Quote:
funny how u think u know women better than themselves...lol

also...nobody is saying cold approach cannot work...but ur naive to think that its the best way to approach women...especially when youre telling the op to just go up to them and ask them out and ask for their number.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
funny how u think u know women better than themselves...lol

also...nobody is saying cold approach cannot work...but ur naive to think that its the best way to approach women...especially when youre telling the op to just go up to them and ask them out and ask for their number.
I also don't you think you should be discouraging the OP from cold approaching women either.

This reeks of the ''You need to know a woman to ask her out'' mentality, that I just ****ing hate so much.

What if he doesn't know many women? ''He needs to get online and date'' I know that's the first reply I'll get.

At the very least, going up and asking out women will give him experience with talking to women and be better for his social skills. It's good practice at least, so when the right woman comes along or one that WILL say yes, he'll know what he's doing.

Even if you aren't advising him not to cold approach women, I really feel like a lot of these posts in here might keep him from doing so, or scare the **** out of him and people don't really need to be doing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships