Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:31 AM

641 posts, read 405,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1 View Post
Some women will play the "plausible deniability" game.

For instance, one girl bumped into me repeatedly: she walked backwards into me 3X from about 6 feet away. I didn't react and she finally left.

She never turned to face me, never said anything, but still tried over and over to initiate.

Very pretty lady, 6 feet tall, thin blonde, etc.
It's usually done with plausible deniability, which is okay, but it's usually done in a context of 'i'm giving you the chance to chat me up' so you've still got to put the work in and risk rejection because they've got the plausible deniability to avoid any rejection and are projecting that onto you.

If a man goes over to a woman he can't just stand there, he's got to get her engaged and chat her up if he wants to get anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 11:48 AM

923 posts, read 526,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Hmmm.if and thats a big if, i go to a bar or niteclub i may not get approached at all or i might get approached several times. I never have anyone accidentally fall into me or touch me. Sounds like a lot of BS. More than likely i get the old "oh my god how tall are you" or a comment avout being the tallest guy in the place. A lot of times i get the i love your voice it is deep and sexy.
Summertime if i hang out at the Purple Moose in OC Md, that place would be the exception and i get approached multiple times a night. It all depends on circumstances and how approachable you are i think. My women friends often send women my way at the lake in the summer. I don't think there is a specific number for me.
I agree. In my humble opinion, when a woman approaches me....she will ask me out/dance/etc. Not bump into me.

I talk to women all the time, every store I go into I'll talk to some woman. I'm not approaching them, they come talk to me and I don't see it as an "approach".

But I will add, I don't see it when a woman flirts with me. My ex told me many times "she was flirting with you." I don't get it, it's just talk and I'm with someone...I didn't think women did that, nor do I think they do.

But, been wrong before...obviously. lol

Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
When I am in Asia its quite often. Being a foreigner naturally makes you stand out and speaking their language is a bonus. It's quite nice .

When I am in western countries, rarely. Either that or they will try to make me take action. For example, in the conversation I would be asked how long will I be staying there, if I am enjoying my stay, etc. Only to later find out they wanted me to “read their mind” and know they wanted to go out and therefore I was supposed to ask them out. I don’t get it, why not simply ask me out like what I have experienced in Asia?

Old 03-21-2017, 01:46 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
The last girl I dated initiated with me. She was an ex of an old friend of mine. haven't seen her in over a decade. She said she was leaving for the night, we mutually agreed to exchange numbers, and then she kissed me.

Doesn't happen often, but it does from time to time.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:52 PM

426 posts, read 351,743 times
Quote:
If I go out to a popular bar or nightclub on weekends, it's generally 4-6X a night sometimes more.

Usually, it's very subtle: a girl will try to grab me by the hand, or bump into me "accidentally" or "fall" into me, etc.

What is your experience?
I haven't gone to a night club in a few months but the last time I went to a club, someone grabbed me and kissed me. That same night, someone grabbed my butt. I think that was more than enough lol.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Maybe twice a month? Not that much.
More than me and I think once a month is a heck of a lot.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:51 PM

415 posts, read 1,779,311 times
Wow, this forum is prolific! The number of responses is welcome and encouraging but a bit overwhelming as well.

One thing I can add is: don't underestimate the importance of women staring. Staring is as strong a sign of interest as physical or verbal approaching.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM

415 posts, read 1,779,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
I agree. In my humble opinion, when a woman approaches me....she will ask me out/dance/etc. Not bump into me.

I talk to women all the time, every store I go into I'll talk to some woman. I'm not approaching them, they come talk to me and I don't see it as an "approach".

But I will add, I don't see it when a woman flirts with me. My ex told me many times "she was flirting with you." I don't get it, it's just talk and I'm with someone...I didn't think women did that, nor do I think they do.

But, been wrong before...obviously. lol
I'm talking about cold approaches. Women who don't know you, and may never have seen you before. You don't have friends in common.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:54 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Wow, this forum is prolific! The number of responses is welcome and encouraging but a bit overwhelming as well.

One thing I can add is: don't underestimate the importance of women staring. Staring is as strong a sign of interest as physical or verbal approaching.
Definitely good point.

Another cue is if she keeps looking your way (in my experience).

But where I am at, women are more assertive as well.

Old 03-21-2017, 03:14 PM

641 posts, read 405,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
When I am in Asia its quite often. Being a foreigner naturally makes you stand out and speaking their language is a bonus. It's quite nice .

When I am in western countries, rarely. Either that or they will try to make me take action. For example, in the conversation I would be asked how long will I be staying there, if I am enjoying my stay, etc. Only to later find out they wanted me to “read their mind” and know they wanted to go out and therefore I was supposed to ask them out. I don’t get it, why not simply ask me out like what I have experienced in Asia?
They want you to risk the rejection, not them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships