Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 12:19 PM

7 posts, read 6,349 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

we've been together for 2 years and I'm 25 and she's 27.

so... where do I start. My girlfriend has problems in managing anger. When we're having a discussion, most of the time she'll just explode by starting to scream, throwing things around the house, pull her hairs and so on (sometimes she even tried to hit me).

Today something even worst happened. We were not having a discussion about anything, but she was just asking for my opinion on an assignment she needs to do for uni. We already discussed this, so I just said my opinion once again.

For some reasons, this time she found my opinion to be different from the one I gave her a few days ago (which is not true, as she later understood) and she simply started to panic.

She starts to scream, pull her hairs, saying 'you said another thing the other day!!!!', then she go into the kitchen, she grabs a fork and she throw it to the wall. Then she pick it up and she throw it again.

She later calmed down and started to cry, saying she's sorry etc etc (as she always does).

I'm honestly scared and I don't know what to do. Maybe she has a nervous breakdown or something, but she always behaves like this.

What should I do?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
What are you doing usually when she freaks out?

Old 03-16-2017, 12:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Refer to an anger management resource as you are running as fast as you can away from her.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What are you doing usually when she freaks out?
Nothing. Just watching her going mad. I'm a very quiet person, never raised my voice with anyone and always stayed calm.

Me and my gf are the opposite in this regard.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:30 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
has it been escalating or always been the same?

Old 03-16-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
has it been escalating or always been the same?
Escalating. She always went mad because of something from time to time, but right now there are really only a few things that would not 'irritate' her.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:38 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
It's abusive behavior. You can either walk away for good, since why would you want to be in a relationship with a person who scares you? Or, if she starts rampaging tell her that you're going to leave until she's calmed down enough to discuss this like adults, and get out of there.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:38 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Sounds like she's the dominant partner in this relationship..

Old 03-16-2017, 12:42 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
You mentioned uni. Could it be she's feeling a lot of pressure from her classes?

It's clear that you care about her...can you have a sit down talk with her, and explain your concern, and maybe help her find a counseling service for her?

Old 03-16-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You mentioned uni. Could it be she's feeling a lot of pressure from her classes?
Yeah, she's stressed about uni, but it's beyond unbelievable the way she's reacting. Today it's because of uni, what will it be tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
can you have a sit down talk with her, and explain your concern, and maybe help her find a counseling service for her?
She promised she'll never do it again (I don't believe her). Other than that, I've tried to say the name 'counselling' and she just freaked out saying that 'I don't want to stay with a person that thinks I'm crazy' and 'you're not going to lock me down in a mental hospital'.

Well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships