Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:53 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWarden View Post
I want real advice, not your "Men are evil, poor women are being forced to do things they don't want to do" fairy tale you've gotten from listening to the liberal media.
You want real advice, son? Here it comes:

Grow a set, grow up and quit whining like a baby with a wet diaper because women aren't lining up with lips puckered to kiss your 'liberal-media {tired-a** fallback BTW}' hating behind

The only fairy tale involved here is the one where you actually think that women are supposed to care about you flexing and bowing-up like some dime-store Mike Tyson on a chat forum, because I, they, and 800 million folks in China know you don't have the stones to sound off like that in public, to someone's face

Resorting to blaming women's rejection of you on the 'liberal media ' smacks of desperation and laziness, and a total stone-cold inability to deal with life's setbacks...I am getting blasted sick and tired, on here and in the real world, of this almost supernatural level of whining, whimpering, name-calling, and excuse-spouting, because some women are calling some of you out on your weak-a** game and rightfully telling you to hit the bricks, whereupon you whine some more about women being given special treatment to hide the fact that (the collective) you couldn't cut it

I'm gonna end my 'advice' by dropping some wisdom from two of the manliest men I knew---my father and grandfather, who were both 150% men 24-7, but also loved and respected the women in their lives, and passed said respect on to me:

Grandpa Catfish overheard one of my uncles make a disparaging remark about the woman in his life, and said in that bottom-of-a-coal-mine voice of his---'boy, tearin' down a woman so you can feel like a man, don't MAKE you a man'...needless to say, said uncle got with the program REAL quick

My father Catfish Sr was a little bit more blunt and to the point (passed that on to me as well )...he said 'having a [rhymes with trick] doesn't automatically make you superior'

End of narrative...

Old 03-16-2017, 07:54 PM

472 posts, read 437,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
How do you get to work?

I know you said earlier that you live at home to save money, but you need to move out. The loss of so much personal freedom is not worth the money. Rent a room or get room mates, whatever. You can hire people to help you move.
My parents drive me. They demand that I work. Tonight for instance, I wanted to go to the movie The Belko Experiment. Parents said they were "too tired" and didn't want to take me. Uber or anything like it isn't available except at peak times where I live so that wasn't an option. End result: I am forced to stay home. They won't drive me to anywhere but work. And like I said, won't let me get my license as long as I live under their roof.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:57 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,479,957 times
Quote:
My parents drive me. They demand that I work.
Leave work one day, get an Uber and go to a new apartment. It sounds like you don't own much anyway with no car and living with parents. From the way you describe it, you are basically a prisoner. No wonder you are depressed. Start living your own life.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Leave work one day, get an Uber and go to a new apartment. It sounds like you don't own much anyway with no car and living with parents. From the way you describe it, you are basically a prisoner. No wonder you are depressed. Start living your own life.
I have some things like a TV and an XBox One. I also have a cat that I bought and pay for its food and vet bills. The cat makes it difficult to just move out as some apartments don't allow pets and those that do charge more. I only make $1850/month take home from my job. I live in MN.

Basically, now I am looking for advice on how to get out of my current situation and gain more freedom, which should I think help my depression in the process.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
My parents drive me. They demand that I work. Tonight for instance, I wanted to go to the movie The Belko Experiment. Parents said they were "too tired" and didn't want to take me. Uber or anything like it isn't available except at peak times where I live so that wasn't an option. End result: I am forced to stay home. They won't drive me to anywhere but work. And like I said, won't let me get my license as long as I live under their roof.
You live like a child, no wonder you think like a child.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You live like a child, no wonder you think like a child.
You can't possibly understand because you didn't grow up being raised by my parents.

Even another poster said the following, "From the way you describe it, you are basically a prisoner. No wonder you are depressed."

Old 03-16-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I have some things like a TV and an XBox One. I also have a cat that I bought and pay for its food and vet bills. The cat makes it difficult to just move out as some apartments don't allow pets and those that do charge more. I only make $1850/month take home from my job. I live in MN.

Basically, now I am looking for advice on how to get out of my current situation and gain more freedom, which should I think help my depression in the process.
TV and an Xbox can be replaced. Don't worry about them. Honestly, while I think a pet is helpful for you, you may have to rehome the cat to find a place on your salary. Or just find a rescue that can help temporarily. Maybe your vet knows someone. Then find a room to rent and start over. Then learn how to drive to better your job prospects. Join some social groups--maybe a gamers club or something to make friends. People have pulled themselves up from their bootstraps under worse situations, so you can do this. It just takes that courage to take the first step.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
TV and an Xbox can be replaced. Don't worry about them. Honestly, while I think a pet is helpful for you, you may have to rehome the cat to find a place on your salary. Or just find a rescue that can help temporarily. Maybe your vet knows someone. Then find a room to rent and start over. Then learn how to drive to better your job prospects. Join some social groups--maybe a gamers club or something to make friends. People have pulled themselves up from their bootstraps under worse situations, so you can do this. It just takes that courage to take the first step.
So you don't think I make enough as it is? I make $17.30/hour working in an office for a branch of state government. I have money saved as well.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:26 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
Just when I thought I knew you....
Everyone here know damn well Im joking, Lol.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
So you don't think I make enough as it is?
Honestly, I live in a very high cost of living area, so my perception is skewd. My mortgage payment each month is just about what you make (for a 1800 sq ft house). Rent here is easily $2000+ a month for a one bedroom. You know your area better, so you will know.

Get some books on Finances and financial planning and budgeting. Make a plan. Then act on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships