Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 11:01 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That kind of crazy usually manifests itself early. He either wasn't paying attention or she had other enticements(?) that caused him to ignore it.
Yeah, there were a few things I left out. He was 40 and had never been married, a good-looking and engaging fella with a healthy 6-figure income. She was a bipolar 25-year-old exotic dancer. He insisted that they'd never had sex. She wouldn't allow it. **REALLY?**

I was at his mother's home for breakfast the morning of his wedding and was surprised to learn there was a $5 betting pool on how long the marriage would last. So yeah, he either ignored the signs or didn't see them at all, but others in his family certainly saw something. (I was one of the few who stayed away from the pool. I thought it highly improper but was amused.)

I'd met her briefly during a reception for another wedding. She seemed friendly enough and certainly attractive enough. I spent 10-20 minutes with her and figured she probably liked her fiancé's income more than anything, and he probably liked her body more than anything, but those feelings weren't based on much -- mostly the age difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I had an old US Navy Seabag full of stuff I "liberated" while in Vietnam. It contained an AK-47 (Kalashnikov), a US Navy 1911 Colt 45, a Thompson 45 machine gun, and my old uniforms. I seperated from my wife and at a later time when I went to pickup the seabag, she said she had taken it to the dump.

I learned early on that woman can be vindictive.

Old 03-28-2017, 02:25 AM

983 posts, read 737,637 times
So would you be okay if a man dumped off all his cheating ex gfs dresses, skirts, clothes etc. to good will and sold off her other stuff on like ebay/craigslist?

Old 03-28-2017, 03:48 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,028,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
something tells me if she is the kind of chick that burns or sells all yer stuff, then Im not surprised hes cheating

not condoning...just understand
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I swear Carrie got the song lyrics from my ex husband. That is precisely what I did to the truck he drove. I tore it up. I of course was the owner of the truck, so vandalizing my own property was perfectly legal.

Yes I am not known for letting things like cheating on me slide.

I once totaled a motorcycle with a telephone. Like beat it to smithereens. I have tamed my irish temper tons since those teen years
Can you see the difference that attitude makes, in determining your luck?

Old 03-28-2017, 07:59 AM

540 posts, read 362,472 times
Better for him to just move on. At least they didn't have to go through a divorce.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:10 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,656,593 times
if he cheated, all gloves are off.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:57 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
Exactly. Why can't they just break up prior to cheating? How hard is it to say, "this is not working for me and let's move on" prior to sleeping with a new woman? The cheating is the part that hurts and infuriates someone.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:00 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfan916 View Post
That goes for both sides. Dude can always want revenge for discarding his property.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:03 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
So would you be okay if a man dumped off all his cheating ex gfs dresses, skirts, clothes etc. to good will and sold off her other stuff on like ebay/craigslist?
If they'd broken up and she left the stuff at his house and refused to come pick it up, after a certain point it becomes a "finders keepers" situation. If they'd had one minor fight and he sold her stuff out of spite, then that's kind of a jerk move. Same thing applies if genders are reversed.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:07 AM

540 posts, read 362,472 times
In the grand scheme of things replacing stuff is not a big deal.
One thing I've learned is to not sweat the small stuff.

His finances are in tact. Stuff can be replaced.
No kids so no child support
No divorce so no court/lawyer fees.

Just move on and learn from your mistakes.
Be a better person for the next one and hopefully help someone along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships