Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:38 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

**Runs off to start questioning mrs. Chow.....**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 05:00 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh that's fine. We can make it a movie night; watch each others video's

My point is, that we shouldn't dismiss other peoples jealousy. We all get jealous, even over the most silliest things; because we're only human.
That is true but whose responsibility is it to resolve those feelings? At what point is someone looking for things to get worked up about, assigning their own thoughts and feelings onto others?

Old 03-22-2017, 05:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh my Lord! Insecure much? I have furniture that an ex bought me. Should I get rid of that too?? LOL. I'd wear the jewelry and enjoy it. The new guy doesn't need to know where it came from. It's YOURS.
The furniture has a more practical use than a ring. The ring obviously means something if you put it on everyday knowing it comes from a former lover. The couch is nowhere near as intimate to a person.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The furniture has a more practical use than a ring. The ring obviously means something if you put it on everyday knowing it comes from a former lover. The couch is nowhere near as intimate to a person.
Could it possibly mean that the gal just likes the ring?

I mean, that's what OP has said. Do you not believe her?

Old 03-22-2017, 05:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Could it possibly mean that the gal just likes the ring?

I mean, that's what OP has said. Do you not believe her?
Look I just find it suspicious that a person would want to keep and display an intimate gift like a ring from an ex. That's all. I could never display anything that intimate from someone I wanted nothing to do with anymore.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:21 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Look I just find it suspicious that a person would want to keep and display an intimate gift like a ring from an ex. That's all. I could never display anything that intimate from someone I wanted nothing to do with anymore.
Intimacy is in the eye of the beholder, apparently.

Listen, I'm really not trying to give you a hard time on this- just basically trying to say that your feelings on this are just that, your feelings.

Old 03-22-2017, 05:22 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So I have two wonderful, very expensive rings. Gifts from an ex bf.

I really don't want to pawn it. They are very pretty. Not engagement rings or anything. I don't need to give them back, they are mine. I wear them every day.

Guys, if you have a date with a woman or start dating somebody who wears rings - do you aks where they come from? Do you care if they are given to her by an ex?

They are just rings ... however, I don't want to rub into the new guys face that the ex gave me a $$$$$$ ring. Doesn't seem fair. So I will take them off soon but it will really get sad putting them into a box and storing them.

What's your opinion?
My wife still sometimes wears a necklace given to her by her ex-fiance. It's not for sentimental value. She just likes it.

The way I see it, she broke up with him, then fell in love with me. Why should I care where she got a necklace before she ever met me?

To me, if you're really all that concerned about it, you need to take stock in your own insecurity.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:02 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That is true but whose responsibility is it to resolve those feelings? At what point is someone looking for things to get worked up about, assigning their own thoughts and feelings onto others?
Of course, its their responsibility. I'm just advocating a little understanding when getting to know someone. Some people are outrageously jealous and some people (like myself) could care less about woman having her ex's jewlery on or her ex's name tattooed on her chest so every time I have sex with her...BAM! its right in my face, Lol.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
I think a ring is far more initmate than other jewelry because that is assumed to be where someone marks the fact they are married at.
That like literally makes zero sense.

A wedding ring or an engagement ring...are the only 2 rings that have any common place in some sense of external meaning.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:55 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
. The ring obviously means something if you put it on everyday knowing it comes from a former lover. .
Only in your head, my friend.
Only in your head.

Stop trying to assign motivation to other people's actions.
You'll live longer.

p.s. My prize possession that an ex gave me (and the same ex gave me ring, too) IS NOT A RING. I don't know where you have gotten this idea that all rings have special meaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships