Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 04:53 PM

477 posts, read 313,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady To Gronk View Post
My turn in about 30 seconds
It only took 21

Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM

20,683 posts, read 19,807,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
But saying "crap happens" is ALL ABOUT acceptance.

Sorry for hurting your head with my logicz. I know it's tough to think outside of one's box sometimes.
No, it is NOT! And your logic is no real logic. Not even Moonbeam can follow it anymore.

10,337 posts, read 5,820,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
As a guy on the left, I agree. I think people have to discern the difference between responsibility and probability. If you get robbed on the street at 3am drunk, the responsibility of the robbery is with the person who put a knife to your neck, the probability makes it not a good idea to be on the streets at 3am drunk.
Robbers will be robbers though, is he still going to get charged?

140 posts, read 88,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
It only took 21

Thank god I'm not that fast with my girlfriend

Old 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
So that means, you accept it. And that means, you condone it and like it!

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM

10,337 posts, read 5,820,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
So that means, you accept it. And that means, you condone it and like it!
What did he look like?
And no soft hands, please.

7,400 posts, read 6,334,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
But saying "crap happens" is ALL ABOUT acceptance.

Sorry for hurting your head with my logicz. I know it's tough to think outside of one's box sometimes.
Yep. It's indifference. It's "It happens. It's bad, but what can you do?" Couldn't this have been applied to previously socially acceptable behavior that really wasn't acceptable? You can recognize a problematic behavior while also refusing to perpetuate it. See how that works? It's not that hard.

And at what point does this antiquated reasoning fail to work? If a low cut top implies perceived invitation for sexual advances, then does wearing a bathing suit at a pool party or beach also imply invitation?

And dudes do it all the time, too. They flaunt the things they're proud of and get attention for it. It wouldn't cross my mind to lead with something suggestive or invasive, and I don't approve of the behavior. I openly oppose it.

26,680 posts, read 41,529,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes, obviously if he gets caught. What Chow and others are trying to say is that evil is going to exist and there are things one does to increase their exposure to that evil, most of the time inadvertently. Do we try to teach this crap ain't cool? Yes, but people will try you and when such a time comes do all you can to make noise and get that evil out of the equation. If you want to stop all the evil you are going to set yourself up for disappointment. It is not acceptance it is a realization of reality.

6,304 posts, read 8,975,236 times
Quote:
As a guy on the left, I agree. I think people have to discern the difference between responsibility and probability. If you get robbed on the street at 3am drunk, the responsibility of the robbery is with the person who put a knife to your neck, the probability makes it not a good idea to be on the streets at 3am drunk.
I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head in utter sadness that there has been reference to this being a "left/right" issue.

As to your comment, Diss, no doubt that this person might very well not have been mugged had they not been out at 3 AM drunk, but that's really not the issue, is it? The fact is that they were, and the fact that they were does not mitigate anything about the crime that was committed.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, obviously if he gets caught. What Chow and others are trying to say is that evil is going to exist and there are things one does to increase their exposure to that evil, most of the time inadvertently. Do we try to teach this crap ain't cool? Yes, but people will try you and when such a time comes do all you can to make noise and get that evil out of the equation. If you want to stop all the evil you are going to set yourself up for disappointment. It is not acceptance it is a realization of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships