Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 01:39 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,006 times

Advertisements

Here's the situation :
A 40 yr old guy and girl, same age, attracted to eachother for a few months finally have their first date that turns into a weekend getaway in Hawaii. Everything goes great for both of them and they like eachother a lot. They agree to start off as friends and see where it goes. While in Hawaii, they share one hotel room with one bed. Nothing sexual happens.

The couple returns home to the mainland. Before they look for their cars at the airport, they embrace and say their goodbyes, until they can get together again. Both are upbeat and positive about their time together. During this time here, what are some things the guy can say to make the girl leery about seeing him again?

Last edited by Rkstar71; 03-30-2017 at 02:21 AM..

Old 03-30-2017, 02:00 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
There are hundreds of things in answer to your question.
If you're just wondering what you can say or do to keep this going, just be yourself. That's what you have to offer and it'll either be enough or it won't.

Old 03-30-2017, 05:20 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Wow, that's a lot of effort for "nothing" to happen.

At any rate, rather than going to the same amount of trouble to "make her leery," I would just BE DIRECT.

Just say something like, "I enjoyed our trip and think you're a great person, but I don't see a future for us. I wish you the best."

Old 03-30-2017, 06:13 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Here's the situation :
A 40 yr old guy and girl, same age, attracted to eachother for a few months finally have their first date that turns into a weekend getaway in Hawaii. Everything goes great for both of them and they like eachother a lot. They agree to start off as friends and see where it goes. While in Hawaii, they share one hotel room with one bed. Nothing sexual happens.

The couple returns home to the mainland. Before they look for their cars at the airport, they embrace and say their goodbyes, until they can get together again. Both are upbeat and positive about their time together. During this time here, what are some things the guy can say to make the girl leery about seeing him again?
There are so many things the guy could say ranging from I'm married, I'm an ex murderer, I like someone else, I'm not over my ex...I could go on. Sometimes after spending a bit more time together, it might become more apparent to the other person that you're not such a great match or they are not over their ex or simply, there's no chemistry etc.

There's a myriad of reasons why things sometimes don't work out so you can never pre-empt where things will go wrong. In fact, trying to be someone you are not will likely result in superficial interactions, and actually put the other person off instead of drawing them closer.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Wow, that's a lot of effort for "nothing" to happen.

At any rate, rather than going to the same amount of trouble to "make her leery," I would just BE DIRECT.

Just say something like, "I enjoyed our trip and think you're a great person, but I don't see a future for us. I wish you the best."

Ok, I'll just say what happened. The guy had such a great time with her and she seemed to have a great time with him. As they were saying their goodbyes and hugging he loses his cool and looks into her eyes and says something like "I wish I were your husband, I would let you know every single day that I cherish you". I forget the exact wording but it was something like that.
So he's not trying to put her off. He just let his heart overflow into his mouth. LOL

As he is driving home he thinks to himself "oh crap! Hope I didn't put her off by saying that.".

Last edited by Rkstar71; 03-30-2017 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 03-30-2017, 06:18 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
You should have been leery the moment she threw the word "friend" into the conversation.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Can I get a lock of your hair? I need to place it on the altar I built to honor you in my basement.

Say she's just as crazy and agrees he says
What? Oh wait not that hair. Your other hair.

Yeah if the first part didn't end it and make her run screaming that second part will pretty much end any future romantic endeavors.

(Since this is a hypothetical)
Question really is how does a first date end up into a weekend in Hawaii. She must be just sex on a stick hot and he as crazy as it gets. I'm assuming crazy man paid for it all trying to impress.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:27 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Ok, I'll just say what happened. The guy had such a great time with her and she seemed to have a great time with him. As they were saying their goodbyes and hugging he loses his cool and looks into her eyes and says something like "I wish I were your husband, I would let you know every single day that I cherish you". I forget the exact wording but it was something like that.
So he's not trying to put her off. He just let his heart overflow into his mouth. LOL
Are you "the guy" in this scenario?? Why not just say so and write "I"? No more third person, please.

Did you really say that to her???

I am having a hard time understanding what is happening here. You wrote all this:

Everything goes great for both of them and they like eachother a lot.

Both are upbeat and positive about their time together.

... yet you want to scare her off?

Just explain what is going on, please, with all relevant info included now so we don't waste time.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:11 AM

1,265 posts, read 970,949 times
How in the heck does a weekend in Hawaii with two people that are "attracted" to each other not end up sexual? You're doing it wrong son...

Old 03-30-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Just explain what is going on, please, with all relevant info included now so we don't waste time.
Ok yes, I said that to her.
But she did explain earlier that her ex physically abused her. I was touched because I just can't imagine any guy hurting such a sweet and good-hearted woman like her. And she seemed still affected by it.

I just wanted to assure her that I was not like that and that I could never hurt her in any way.

I was not trying to scare her off. I hope I didn't. I hope I'm just over thinking it because she is really a great woman. Someone like her is hard to find in this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships