Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 03:24 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times

Advertisements

Pence's beliefs regarding being seen alone with a woman other than his wife are simply scriptural and not even odd in the modern sense since this has long been an accepted practice in professional settings where the professional cares about their family and values their job. I not only recommend it for professionals but for nonprofessionals as well.

Scriptural living these days may seem weird but unfortunately harming people by judging them unfairly is the same as it has always been, possibly even worse.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What exactly has pence said or done to be labeled sexist. I mean he wasn't going around groping women by the P and saying how easy you can do it because ya know, if you're rich and famous they let you.

I'm not being snarky here what makes him sexist?? His stance on abortion???
I think, anyone that has any affiliation to our President is labeled a sexist, racist or whatever creative adjective people are coming up these days (we've all read them) Lol. It could be a pet dog of the POTUS and that dog would be labeled sexist and a danger to all women.

Im dead serious, the bitterness and hate has gotten that bad

Old 04-01-2017, 05:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I think, anyone that has any affiliation to our President is labeled a sexist, racist or whatever creative adjective people are coming up these days (we've all read them) Lol. It could be a pet dog of the POTUS and that dog would be labeled sexist and a danger to all women.

Im dead serious, the bitterness and hate has gotten that bad
It's has gotten to a scary and stupid place. I didn't vote for Trump/Pence. I have no real vested interest in defending him, I'm really questioning the way people throw around labels so easily and without much direct proof. That is actually scary to me. It's like intellectually integrity is gone, it's just if you don't think like me, you're one of "those" people. It's like the agree to disagree thing just

went
right
out
the
window.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM

749 posts, read 734,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Only Woman Pence Is Allowed to Eat Alone With Is His Wife

Having dinner alone with the opposite sex when you're taken just...isn't cool. The alcohol thing is weird.
First of all, that link is to a horrible article. Nasty writing.

That said, what business is it of theirs - or ours? Mr & Mrs Pence have been happily married for many years, partly because they've committed themselves to doing certain things and not doing certain things.

Sounds to me like people are just being driven by jealousy, or partisan hatred.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:13 PM

749 posts, read 734,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
It means your relationship is weak.
No it doesn't. And how would you know?

My wife & I have been married for the better part of 40 years. We love each other, enjoy each other's company, and look forward to spending the rest of our lives together.

We don't "not go out with other people" because we have a weak marriage. We have a strong marriage because we are committed to our marriage.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:16 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Men need protection from females in 'business settings'.

There are way too many complaints of sexual harassment.
Yeah? Look, even when credible it takes a dozen complaints to make anything stick. Look at Bill Cosby - did ONE complaint take him down? No - it took many women coming forward...even after he himself made questionable comments of his own behavior. You can SAY that a man can be ruined by even one woman but that just ain't real - not buyin' it.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah? Look, even when credible it takes a dozen complaints to make anything stick. Look at Bill Cosby - did ONE complaint take him down? No - it took many women coming forward...even after he himself made questionable comments of his own behavior. You can SAY that a man can be ruined by even one woman but that just ain't real - not buyin' it.
My employer [the US Navy] has a firm policy on this topic. Two complaints and your gone.

There is no judiciary process, there is no investigation.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
Quote:
My employer [the US Navy] has a firm policy on this topic. Two complaints and your gone.

I don't believe that. There has to be some sort of investigation to justify firing someone for sexual harassment. Otherwise there would be a lot of frivolous claims and firings.

As for the topic, it could not work in my industry and in many workplaces here in NYC. I work in public accounting and sometimes our teams are comprised of just two people and you will inevitably have male/female ONLY teams. I think Mike Pence's thinking, while understandable, is just old school and not practical in many circumstances.

Just imagine me and my female partner have to interview a female controller about internal controls and my partner cannot make it. Should I (or someone in that position) be forced to cancel? lol.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:59 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
I'm still LOLing that people think Mike Pence is straight. There's a reason he's so homophobic, and his public restroom moment is just a matter of time.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:11 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:

Great, that's the Navy...of course through the years there's been some other egregious stuff going on that somehow evaded notice. But I'm talking more broadly than the Navy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships