Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:09 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
I don't have a problem with it. Being in the public light is a caustic breeding ground for rumors....why put yourself in that position in the first place?
Then don't seek public office.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:47 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What was the rationAle in this male dominated profession?
To avoid any appearance of inappropriate behavior

There are way too many complaints of sexual harassment. In private male-female meetings either party can walk away and make allegations. Or any third-party can see the meeting happened and begin rumors. It is not about preventing assaults, it is to prevent allegations/rumors of inappropriate behavior.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:48 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I feel that when people claim discrimination at every opportunity, that it detracts from real discrimination. Things are not always "equal", that's life in every aspect. Everyone has to learn to adapt, and thrive, in a variety of situations.

I've had both positive and negative consequences due to my gender (as do others with race, religion, etc.)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-02-2017, 01:13 PM

52,265 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I feel that when people claim discrimination at every opportunity, that it detracts from real discrimination. Things are not always "equal", that's life in every aspect. Everyone has to learn to adapt, and thrive, in a variety of situations.

I've had both positive and negative consequences due to my gender (as do others with race, religion, etc.)
True statements.

Racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobe

People are way way too quick to throw out those labels and all they do stop or derail conversations and to your point they start to lose their power and diminish the true situations when it/they occur.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:35 PM

15,965 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
To avoid any appearance of inappropriate behavior

There are way too many complaints of sexual harassment. In private male-female meetings either party can walk away and make allegations. Or any third-party can see the meeting happened and begin rumors. It is not about preventing assaults, it is to prevent allegations/rumors of inappropriate behavior.
Does the rule apply when only men meet?

Old 04-02-2017, 08:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
Only Woman Pence Is Allowed to Eat Alone With Is His Wife

Having dinner alone with the opposite sex when you're taken just...isn't cool. The alcohol thing is weird.
Strange.. he cancelled his arrival in my state because he was working on health-care, which was already dead. Obamacare didn't pass but made the excuse that he couldn't come to my state because he was told to "come back" to work on it. It sounded like an excuse. The above sounds like an excuse... I say " garbage". Sorry- no disrespect. The house is not working on healthcare. (as of now- to my knowledge)
The above reference Only Woman Pence Is Allowed to Eat Alone With Is His Wife
RE: For his part, Mike Pence is also very, very committed to ensuring that there’s never even the slightest appearance of impropriety with regards to his marriage. To achieve such a feat, Pence reportedly won’t have dinner alone with a woman who is not his wife; he also won’t attend any events where alcohol is served unless Karen is by his side. Suddenly the mother makes a lot more sense

http://katv.com/news/local/vice-pres...le-rock-friday

http://www.thv11.com/news/local/vice...fies/424980881

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-02-2017 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: added links

Old 04-02-2017, 09:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
People have iPhones and are eager to spy on a public figure and either sell the image to a tabloid or post it online themselves as a trophy. High priced call girls usually offer discretion. I think there should only be business lunches, not dinners, unless it involves a large group of people and doesn't take place in a hotel out of town. Too much temptation. for many.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
And what it boils down to is that men will have greater access to him than women....we all know how much business/politickin' is done by rubbing shoulders in more casual settings. I guess guys can rub each others shoulders and no one cares? lol
That is why Trump likes to do business on the golf course. People are more relaxed and he says he can find out a lot about an opponent or business partner. So I laugh at the Lefties who criticize him for golfing. He is always working whether you realize it or not.

Old 04-02-2017, 09:40 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Personally, I have no issue with it. I think it's kind of strange but it's way better than what usually happens in DC with men in positions of power. I guess when you're in DC watching all your married colleagues chasing skirts and using their position of power to have sex with women, you can adopt rules of engagement where you're never going to get lumped in with them.

I have completely different rules of engagement. I don't cheat. Never have. Never will. That's my personal set of ethics. The difference is that I don't have a swarm of media hovering looking for any bit of dirt on me.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:09 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Pence's particular "rules" are based on his and his wife's particular religious beliefs, not on not trusting the other. To me it doesn't make sense to discuss it outside of the context of his religion anymore than it is to discuss if it's weird to refuse work on Saturday because you know a Jewish guy who won't.
In this context, I disagree. This practice has a lot to recommend it even for non-religious people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships