Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM

126 posts, read 156,606 times

Advertisements

It's like he's dismissive of such thing. Everytime I say something sweet, such as a text telling him of a song that reminds me of him, implying that I'm thinking about him or stuff like "you made my day great" he always has a snarky remark. We've been seeing each other for 6 months.

For example, he's visiting family at the moment and I haven't seen him in almost a month. I sent him a text saying "They're playing your favorite song at this McDonald's. Throwback to our car rides " and he responded with "You're eating McDonald's?! Healthy!!!"

Am I being highly sensitive here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 07:15 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswastedlife View Post

I would use the word "observant."

Does HE ever initiate sweet talk with you?

My husband has a weird quirk where he replies to a lot of my comments with a song lyric using one of the words I just said. So sometimes he doesn't actually hear what I said because he is joking about the song lyric. Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's super annoying.

But he doesn't do it EVERY time I speak.

Your BF may not be into sweet talk, and you have to decide if you want to get use to it and live with it.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:20 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Some men are uncomfortable with sweet talk. Makes them feel...unmanly(?) I like it myself. My lady is real good at it too. Lol, but not all men are like that. Reasons vary. But why not just ask him if it makes him uncomfortable? Beats the alternative of shear speculation.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
It's just sometimes hard for a guy to respond to that stuff.

I know for me, I don't respond well to those kind of comments. If I had been with someone only 6 months and they made "cute" comments, I'd most likely ignore them or just make jokes instead of respond.

Old 03-30-2017, 07:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswastedlife View Post
It's like he's dismissive of such thing. Everytime I say something sweet, such as a text telling him of a song that reminds me of him, implying that I'm thinking about him or stuff like "you made my day great" he always has a snarky remark. We've been seeing each other for 6 months.

For example, he's visiting family at the moment and I haven't seen him in almost a month. I sent him a text saying "They're playing your favorite song at this McDonald's. Throwback to our car rides " and he responded with "You're eating McDonald's?! Healthy!!!"

No. He's rude. DTMFA (Dump The Mother-F.... Already) Either he's not into you, or he's not your type--can't deal with cuddly messages or sentiments. How is he when you say things like that to him face-to-face?

Old 03-30-2017, 07:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No. He's rude. DTMFA (Dump The Mother-F.... Already) Either he's not into you, or he's not your type--can't deal with cuddly messages or sentiments. How is he when you say things like that to him face-to-face?
Dang Ruth LOL

Old 03-30-2017, 07:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:

I think there are a lot of reasons to dump someone, but dumping someone because they are not so comfortable responding to that kind of talk seems extreme. I think a better course of action is communication and talking to the guy.

Old 03-30-2017, 08:07 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
I totally agree 200% Dump his stupid, MFing ass NOW!!! You've barely been seeing him for any length of time & he's already saying things like this?! The next things he'll say are things insulting YOU personally, meaning he'll say something about your appearance (you're fat, ugly, etc.), your intelligence (you're stupid, etc.), your clothing style, etc. Anything insulting to make you feel small & make him feel superior.

I definitely would NOT be waiting for him when he gets back! I'm not sure he's just seeing "family" for a WHOLE month....probably another woman.

I read your post to my fiance' & the 1st thing he said is, he's already onto someone else & cheating on you because if he loved you, he wouldn't say these nasty, horrendous things. My fiance' (a male also) thinks he's a d*** & also said the next steps are insulting you to demoralize you IN PUBLIC. My fiance's loser-ass dad's like this & he even yanked a chair out from his 2nd wife on purpose at a restaurant so she could fall on her @rse & he thought it was so hilarious. Who the F treats their loved ones like that?!

Even a friend doesn't talk like this to another friend. HOW can you continue to keep dating someone like this?! You don't deserve this BS. If he can't even handle you saying things like, "they're playing our song", he doesn't deserve to be in a relationship whatsoever! Im fact, he can't handle LIFE, period.

I'd never answer his calls, texts, etc. anymore. He can wonder what happens all he wants. Men like this aren't worth the $#!t on the bottom of my shoe!

Have some self-respect & dignity, my God! What makes you think you deserve this f'ed up treatment?!

Last edited by Forever Blue; 03-30-2017 at 08:23 PM..

Old 03-30-2017, 08:11 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,657,460 times
He sounds like a real charmer. Why would you want to be with someone like that?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:17 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
Is he fun to be around otherwise? Is he shy and/or insecure? He might not like the sweet stuff.

Or.... you've only been going out for 6 months and he's been away for over a month - maybe his sweetness has faded.
Be cool and dial it back. Wait till you see him in person to ask him - but not as soon as he gets home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships