U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 10,372 times

Advertisements

One good lesson you should have learned is first ask if they are married, or have a gf.Actually first you should learn thier culture. It is acceptable for a mexican man to have another lover away from home. We are their damn sancha's we do things thier wives won't, so they say. They are just pigs, but then hey all men are. Wish I could find me a beautiful, SINGLE SINGLE SINGLE Mexican man. I am very attractive have gone on many dates with mexicans but can't find the one for me. If you are then email me

Old 02-11-2009, 11:50 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,718,809 times
You say it's acceptable... well in the good old US of A it generally isn't looked upon as something OK. And most of them will tell you that you're the only one... as would any good cheater.
And yeah, sancha... thats a great label... however I have found that mexican men aren't too terribly picky. Migrant farm workers(men) would do each other as release... but they were still 'straight'

I come from a family of those men. In my case, yes, it's Mexican men. One uncle had, while having kids, grandkids on OUR side...had a whole different family living a few miles away. common-law wife, kids, grandkids. We didn't find out until my aunt died and they came out of the woodwork....Had the friggin audacity to show up at a Christmas party.....
Also my Nino( godfather)had a 40 yr affair with a woman he had met when he got out of the service. It didn't come out until he was close to 70 or so. She was tired of being 2nd. His wife, my aunt, left him and went to live with my cousin.
I don't even hold my papa beneath suspicion.
I have cousins who play 2 women at a time...
Sorry, but ...bleh

Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 AM

47,585 posts, read 36,076,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsmile View Post
I read that in mexico it is almost expected for the men to have a women on the side but of couse not all do, I also read they brag about it and have no shame. I think it
has a little to do with race if where you come from something is expected or not
uncommon you may bring that behavior here.
That's true. That's one reason Mexican women are favored as foreign brides, they think American men are quite a bit better, they think German men are even better yet.

In Mexico, it's the norm, adultery isn't viewed the same as here. The way the laws on divorce and child custody are there, women would rarely consider leaving a marriage with a husband who is cheating on them. In Mexico in divorce the woman must leave the home, the children remain with the father or his family and women get no alimony, no child support and women work outside the home more now than they did but it's still frowned upon.

Also in Mexico, the marriage age is very young. It would be difficult to find a Mexican man in the lower classes who hasn't married by age 16 or 18, bachelors of 20 are still rare but you can find them in the new middle class or upper but the middle class or upper class doesn't tend to emigrate, so of course a guy in his 20s or 30s has a wife and children back home.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:43 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,054,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTRUEwoman View Post
please help me release the anger of why this man refused to tell me he had a wife in Mexico and why he lived a loving relationship with me>? We had plans on marriage and moving to another state. He had to take care of some visa papers in Mexico and promised to call me. Needless to say he never has, and I found the true reason why he left, his brother told his wife that he had another woman in the US and was getting very serious with her. By the way i am not by all means a vernerable woman, I am ambitious and quite attractive who does not let men creep into her heart. Please help because this truly makes me want to hate all MEXICAN MEN.

Aww, I feel so sorry about your situation. All I can say is that this is a common thing for men who are from Mexico and live in the states.

I can make this claim because I have LIVED with Mexicans and over the years they would tell me the more deeper stuff about there culture and this was one of them.

The only good out of this is that you have learned a hard lesson and to add to it you did not have any children with this man.

BTW, any man of any culture can do this....

Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 AM

1 posts, read 9,075 times
I'm sorry to hear it happen to you too! But I'm glad to know it wasn't just me thinking the same thing. Well in some odd way I hope u find comfort knowing someone like me has been there and very resent. Let's just say I've met and had very disappointing relationships with 2 Mexican men that have both ended up heart breaking. The most recent relationship I had has me left with no trust or open arms for love again except for the one love I've always had my daughter. Anyway I was left along with family friends thinking he'd be back for our wedding planned for May 2, 2011. The last time I talked to him was last year in October, two days before he left for Mexico. His words was that he had to go and sell his grandmas home and handle some papers she had left him before she had passed away. Well I've never heard from him since and neither have his associates from work. I still have people asking me so how was your wedding and when they get answer here comes the questions I myself still can't answer. Not only did I let him into my life but I also let him get close to my daughter that was also hurt and confused by this situation. At first I was thinking just like you hate all Mexican men because I've had no good outcomes in relationships with 2. But as friends n people to JUST PARTY, they are the life of that. As for faithful, honest,partners to share your life Mexican men sorry to say have made very bad names for themselves to frequent and that is why they labeled more as not good men to date Ect. They labeled themselves when there characters where being to common for there culture plus being from Mexico makes a double life here in America much more easier. I'm sorry for every woman that has been through any bad situation with any man. My heart and prayers with u all!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 AM

846 posts, read 734,211 times
It's a stereotype that most hispanic men have a wife or gf on the side. My aunt and her "husband" had two kids. She later found out he had another family. The kids were really upset to find out they had half brother and sisters. It's no wonder why he never wanted to officially marry her after so many years together.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 AM

18,316 posts, read 17,733,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wskgkauai View Post
I'm sorry to hear it happen to you too! But I'm glad to know it wasn't just me thinking the same thing. Well in some odd way I hope u find comfort knowing someone like me has been there and very resent. Let's just say I've met and had very disappointing relationships with 2 Mexican men that have both ended up heart breaking. The most recent relationship I had has me left with no trust or open arms for love again except for the one love I've always had my daughter. Anyway I was left along with family friends thinking he'd be back for our wedding planned for May 2, 2011. The last time I talked to him was last year in October, two days before he left for Mexico. His words was that he had to go and sell his grandmas home and handle some papers she had left him before she had passed away. Well I've never heard from him since and neither have his associates from work. I still have people asking me so how was your wedding and when they get answer here comes the questions I myself still can't answer. Not only did I let him into my life but I also let him get close to my daughter that was also hurt and confused by this situation. At first I was thinking just like you hate all Mexican men because I've had no good outcomes in relationships with 2. But as friends n people to JUST PARTY, they are the life of that. As for faithful, honest,partners to share your life Mexican men sorry to say have made very bad names for themselves to frequent and that is why they labeled more as not good men to date Ect. They labeled themselves when there characters where being to common for there culture plus being from Mexico makes a double life here in America much more easier. I'm sorry for every woman that has been through any bad situation with any man. My heart and prayers with u all!
Why in the world would you go digging up a THREE YEAR OLD post for this???

Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,446,818 times
Mexican men and their addiction to living a double life. What a phenomenon.

You dodged a bullet there OP. Consider yourself lucky enough.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM

5,774 posts, read 7,339,885 times
¡Ay Chihuahua! Next time you ask, "Hey! Pedro! You married?"

Old 04-17-2011, 01:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,419,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Why in the world would you go digging up a THREE YEAR OLD post for this???
Second that. Lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships