Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 02:53 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
People are being nothing but supportive and trying to offer suggestions, and you are lashing out at them. You are going to be alone for the rest of your life if you don't make any changes, but it's not because you are constantly farting. It's because you're super-uptight and so obsessed with your own "flaw" that no one would feel comfortable revealing their own flaws to you.

I would advise you to join a support group for people with GI problems similar to your own and aim to meet someone that way. But I shudder at the idea of you treating some poor young woman with a GI issue like the pariah you apparently think you deserve to be.

You need a cognitive therapist to help you work around this issue. Because you are so traumatized and down on yourself, you are not equipped to be anyone's partner as it stands right now.

People are generally disgusting. They fart, they stink, they develop weird skin conditions, they grow hair in places you wouldn't expect it, they stink up the bathroom - they're just gross in general. And some people are grosser than others. But people who are kind, confident, well-adjusted and well-intentioned usually prevail. You're angry, depressed and wallowing in your perceived flaws. The farting isn't what's keeping people away. (BTW, I have a friend who has a similar problem, and she's never had a problem getting a guy. People telling you to embrace it and normalize it are not off the mark.)

Get yourself a psychiatrist or counselor of some sort. You have a lot to work through.
/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 AM

107 posts, read 74,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerInstinct View Post
Not only do I have chronic social anxiety, that's bad by itself, even if I defeat it, I am still left with a bigger problem. I already received years of treatment from different therapists for social anxiety and nothing worked, including even group therapy and even group meetings for people with social anxiety. The reason why I say I will be alone forever is because of a chronic, permanent GI condition, doctors believe it might be conditions, chronic constipation, a pelvic floor disorder, constipation isn't the only symptom of it, there are several ones, uncontrollable gas that happens by itself and a lot of times no feeling that it's going to happen, it just happens right there, in front of people, embarrassing, I know but it's more complicated than that, it's the reason why I don't have a social life, 0 friends, I just stay in my bedroom most of the time. What should I do? Imagine being on a date and the person you are dating is farting out loud right in front of you and other people.
You should try introducing a hose through your rectum all the way to your stomach, and put a valve on the side of the hose sticking out and before you go out on a date you can apen the valve and unload yourself at least you will have some control over it. You can even save some money on gas. You can save some money by saving your gas in a propane gas tank, and then use it for a barbecue. Or you can look for a girl who is not capable of smelling or a girl with a fetish for farts anyways good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships