Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
no, it's not the other person's fault, it's your own fault

so I would kick myself for not taking precautions and looking after my own health

can't blame another person for this

ulitmately it is your own personal responsibility to practice and ensure safe sex, it is too important an issue, too dire of consequences to place that risk and task in someone else's care...it's like pregnancy for women, can't blame the guy if we don't take proper steps for contraception, whatever that involves.
Give me a break.. if your married to someone.. you put your trust in them to think that they are STD free. How many people do you know that are married use condoms? I bet not very many. You can blame the other person for this.. especially if they were screwing around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
I don't know...some of those STD's can lay dormat for a long time...so a lot of factors come into play here...like what exactly is it, how long have we been married...etc etc...

BUT,,,if I ever had the feeling I was being lied to or cheated on, I would be gone in a New York minute...
He knows what kind of person I am and I don't tolerate that kind of BS.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 AM

672 posts, read 2,125,374 times
Well, I might be wrong, but I am unaware of ANY STD that cannot be detected with proper blood tests. And, aids in particular. It can take a while to get the results back, but the point is, a couple can find this stuff out before marriage. Therefore, there should be NO excuse if the couple will have themselfs tested, and wait on the results. Also, it is a criminal offense to knowingly transfer HIV, AIDS, to another person. As for my part, I will say this. It would be MUCH better for a woman to never do this to me. If it was something that couldn't be cured, I would dedicate the rest of my life to making HER life as misirable as possible. I would even hire thugs to HELP me make her life a living hell. Thats my nickels worth!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:08 PM

754 posts, read 1,449,088 times
Dennis,

You are not wrong, you can test positive for HIV/AIDS after 8 weeks. STD's don't lay dormat in your blood (however there's a window after infection where it will not show up). If you have it a blood test will let you know. If you're married and you know your spouse is having their annual checkups then then there's no "he didn't know he had it", chances are he just got this and unless you did a quickie Vegas wedding aren't blood tests still required in order to get marriage licenses? Isn't HIV/Aids one of the things they test for?

Anyway, unless you're one of those people who never goes to the doctor or refuses to be tested for HIV then you'll know on you're next check up if you got it. However, there are several STD's that aren't regularly checked for so it's possible that someone could be infected and not know it. Fortunately, all of these are treatable. If you're spouse comes to you and says I have HIV then you know they cheated on you and that's how they got it. If they come to you and say I have Herpes/Genital Warts/Hepatitis, it's possible they didn't know they were infected. So unless you can have their doctor produce test results that prove he/she knew they were infected years ago. They should be given the benefit of the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships