Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 6,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's not a good sign that she ignores you when other people are around. I would just be cordial but forget any ideas about asking her out.

(Also, those copies aren't "free." LOL She'd think differently if it were coming right out of her paycheck.)
she doesnt ignore me when I talk to her even though there are colleagues around her, she is just very different when someone else is around. she seems busy and very professional but when no one is around she smiles a lot and she is extra nice.

thank your for your answer though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandrew View Post
she doesnt ignore me when I talk to her even though there are colleagues around her, she is just very different when someone else is around. she seems busy and very professional but when no one is around she smiles a lot and she is extra nice.

thank your for your answer though

Quote:
I have a crush on a receptionist. she is very friendly and nice. I sparked casual conversations here and there. one day i had to print a 60 pages documents so I asked her do you know any printing shops nearby. she offered me to print the documents and while its printing she asked me what is it for , how is it living in the US did you like it? when I pulled off my wallet to pay her she said you dont have to worry its free and I said Its free! she said yeah its free only this time with a smile on her face. as far as I know they do charge for printing. she looks me in the eye most of the times but sometimes she can't maintain eye contact. I once asked her if she knows any piano schools nearby for a 27-28 age group and that made her think why I asked for that specific age group since I look younger than my age. so the next day she asked

her: do you work?
me: no I am doing my masters why are you asking is it because i look younger than my age
her: how old are you?
me: 28
her: damn you dont look 28 you look younger

we usually talk here and there but what I noticed that she avoid me and ignores me when surrounded by her colleagues but she is the opposite when she is alone? why is that?
please note that I am not assuming that she is into me. I am aware that receptionists are supposed to be friendly.
Which is it, james???

Old 04-04-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Which is it, james???

thank your for your answer

sorry for my poor english. I am french. i didnt know how to appropriately get my ideas into words so bear with me. what I said lately is more correct
as I said she doesnt ignore me when I talk to her even though there are colleagues around her, she is just very different when someone else is around. she seems busy and very professional but when no one is around she smiles a lot and she is extra nice.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:

thank your for your answer

sorry for my poor english. I am french. i didnt know how to appropriately get my ideas into words so bear with me. what I said lately is more correct
as I said she doesnt ignore me when I talk to her even though there are colleagues around her, she is just very different when someone else is around. she seems busy and very professional but when no one is around she smiles a lot and she is extra nice.
It sounds like she is just being relaxed when you're alone, and more professional in front of others.

It's hard to tell sometimes, but "friendly" doesn't always mean "romantic interest."

Old 04-04-2017, 09:20 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
no I am not assuming she is interested. she could be interested or not intersted thats why i am here

thank you though for your opinion I appreciate it
This reminds of the time a friend/co-worker was telling me our receptionist was being flirty with him and was giving him all the green lights. He said he was going to ask her out on a date sometime. I brushed it off, thinking he was just joking. Well, a week later, the head of my HR department called me in to have a word with me .

Unbeknownst to me, our so-called "flirty" receptionist filed harassment against my friend

I wont go into details, but I had to let my friend go, because we have an absolute zero-tolerance for harassment.

I spoke to my friend afterwards, and I came to a conclusion, that all the "flirty" stuff was manufactured in his head. He took her over-friendliness to be flirty behavior. So not the case. Not even close.

Tread lightly, OP.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This reminds of the time a friend/co-worker was telling me our receptionist was being flirty with him and was giving him all the green lights. He said he was going to ask her out on a date sometime. I brushed it off, thinking he was just joking. Well, a week later, the head of my HR department called me in to have a word with me .

Unbeknownst to me, our so-called "flirty" receptionist filed harassment against my friend

I wont go into details, but I had to let my friend go, because we have an absolute zero-tolerance for harassment.

I spoke to my friend afterwards, and I came to a conclusion, that all the "flirty" stuff was manufactured in his head. He took her over-friendliness to be flirty behavior. So not the case. Not even close.

Tread lightly, OP.
yeah it could be all in my head. but if I ask her out once and if she says no then i will leave her alone for sure. your friend might have been persistent when she rejected him thats why she filed a harassment complaint

Old 04-04-2017, 09:46 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
yeah it could be all in my head. but if I ask her out once and if she says no then i will leave her alone for sure. your friend might have been persistent when she rejected him thats why she filed a harassment complaint
There was a bit more to it, but that's what basically happened.

You might want to reconsider getting involved with anyone at your workplace, OP. But if you must, be respectful. Which I think, you will be.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
There was a bit more to it, but that's what basically happened.

You might want to reconsider getting involved with anyone at your workplace, OP. But if you must, be respectful. Which I think, you will be.
just a note we dont work together. I live in a student hostel she works a receptionist over there.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:52 PM

1,265 posts, read 971,188 times
*Looks in to crystal ball* I cant see sheet bro...well, other than she had Mexican for lunch and has the sheets right now...

Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand McLovin View Post
*Looks in to crystal ball* I cant see sheet bro...well, other than she had Mexican for lunch and has the sheets right now...
look more may be you can spot something that can help me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships