Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 02:07 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Honestly, I'd be more concerned about ^^^ than anything else you've said.

Your guy doesn't want his golfing excursions interfered with by his son visiting? Eep.
Yeah, that's pretty huge. A four-year-old wants to spend time with his Dad, and his Dad can certainly schedule golf outings for the days when he doesn't have custody.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbuddica View Post
Oh, and he also has a 4 year old from a previous marriage that will come over and yet many times he will tell me to play with and take care of him while he goes out with his buddies golfing or says doing something else.

Poor little kid.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:10 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Are you paying him rent and how much?

Was he born in the US? What is his religion?

Old 04-07-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
It's got nothing to do with his age, he's just a dick.
We do not have enough info yet to decide if it is him or her.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:19 PM

8 posts, read 5,124 times
Thanks for the advice. I don't pay but not because I don't want to, I have offered several times and he just says don't worry about it. He also spends a lot of time in his office and likes to text me to bring him a drink or snack or something. He does spend time with his kid but I would say the majority of the time he is doing something else and says it's ok you get along great with him.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbuddica View Post
Thanks for the advice. I don't pay but not because I don't want to, I have offered several times and he just says don't worry about it. He also spends a lot of time in his office and likes to text me to bring him a drink or snack or something. He does spend time with his kid but I would say the majority of the time he is doing something else and says it's ok you get along great with him.
As long as you don't pay - you have no rights and nothing to stand on.

He wants service instead of money.

You either need to tell him you NEED pay your share and then you are no longer his servant.

Or don't pay and be his lover/cook/maid/nanny.

You cannot not pay and not do anything. That's not how it works.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:24 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
On second reading, I will also take back (at least temporarily) my questioning of the post that called him a not-so-nice guy.

OP, did he really say "well isn't that the kind of stuff most women do?" when you questioned him about what he wanted? (Not that I don't believe you, but the actual wording is important here.) What that question says to me is that he has some notions of "what women should be doing", and that would raise some concerns for me.

Yes, some women do this in their relationships. But, there is a big difference between someone saying, "yes, I want to be in a relationship where my female partner does this" and saying, "yup, this is what women should be doing". The first recognizes the choice of the woman involved, and the second indicates that there may very well be some internalized sexism going on.

If it were me, I'd be asking more questions and (IMO more importantly) listening to him and observing his interactions with women. At the end of the day, obviously, the choice will be up to you whether to continue with this guy or not, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be looking very hard as to whether, to put it bluntly, he has any respect at all for you as an individual and what you bring to the relationship.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:24 PM

I am going out on a limb here saying he is from a culture in the middle east.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
On second reading, I will also take back (at least temporarily) my questioning of the post that called him a not-so-nice guy.

OP, did he really say "well isn't that the kind of stuff most women do?" when you questioned him about what he wanted? (Not that I don't believe you, but the actual wording is important here.) What that question says to me is that he has some notions of "what women should be doing", and that would raise some concerns for me.

Yes, some women do this in their relationships. But, there is a big difference between someone saying, "yes, I want to be in a relationship where my female partner does this" and saying, "yup, this is what women should be doing". The first recognizes the choice of the woman involved, and the second indicates that there may very well be some internalized sexism going on.

If it were me, I'd be asking more questions and (IMO more importantly) listening to him and observing his interactions with women. At the end of the day, obviously, the choice will be up to you whether to continue with this guy or not, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be looking very hard as to whether, to put it bluntly, he has any respect at all for you as an individual and what you bring to the relationship.
one of the few times I fully agree.

Nothing wrong with serving your partner.
Alot wrong with demanding it.

And texting from the office that she has to bring food? WTF? I am old fashioned and even that is too much for me.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:29 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And texting from the office that she has to bring food? WTF? I am old fashioned and even that is too much for me.
Nothing wrong with it, if that's what they've agreed on.

But, of course, they first need to come to an actual agreement on what this relationship is going to look like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships