Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 05:54 PM

9 posts, read 7,480 times

Advertisements

My long distance boyfriend of over 1 year went from being loving and nice to almost cold overnight. We had a normal conversation night before but come monday he changed. For the past few weeks he has hinted that he feels I am too busy for him and or I avoid him--which I replied I always reply him and am just have a lot of work.

We had a fairly regular schedule where we would talk during my lunch break and send good morning and night texts, come monday all those stopped and all I received was simple good morning and good night text. If I would answer him he would be cold and just say something like "take care" or "have nice day." Sometimes he would respond first text quickly and then ignore my response afterwards for 4-6 hours. Now last day or two I don't even get good morning or night, but he did send me pictures of a nature walk he went on. I replied its nice. He didn't respond. Today one text " I miss u"

Honestly this type of communication isn't working for me, its big difference from how we were before, which is was so open. I plan to tell him that I need man that can communicate his needs to me and not just change overnight and think its ok to get his hurt or loss of interest across.

Is it good idea or i am overreacting and this man is just in his cave? Its been 6 days now.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 06:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,512,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveharman View Post
My long distance boyfriend of over 1 year went from being loving and nice to almost cold overnight. We had a normal conversation night before but come monday he changed. For the past few weeks he has hinted that he feels I am too busy for him and or I avoid him--which I replied I always reply him and am just have a lot of work.

We had a fairly regular schedule where we would talk during my lunch break and send good morning and night texts, come monday all those stopped and all I received was simple good morning and good night text. If I would answer him he would be cold and just say something like "take care" or "have nice day." Sometimes he would respond first text quickly and then ignore my response afterwards for 4-6 hours. Now last day or two I don't even get good morning or night, but he did send me pictures of a nature walk he went on. I replied its nice. He didn't respond. Today one text " I miss u"

Honestly this type of communication isn't working for me, its big difference from how we were before, which is was so open. I plan to tell him that I need man that can communicate his needs to me and not just change overnight and think its ok to get his hurt or loss of interest across.

Is it good idea or i am overreacting and this man is just in his cave? Its been 6 days now.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum

Yes absolutely it's a good idea if you're unhappy with things as it would make things worse by not saying anything.

Just my opinion and quite possibly out of turn but he sounds quite immature with his responses and with him thinking you're avoiding him this might just be his silly way of getting back at you as he feels hard done by ( if you see what I'm getting at? )

Old 04-08-2017, 06:18 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,937,772 times
Sounds like he lost interest in you.

Better just cut ties instead of playing the, 'I need this and you're not doing that' game.

Just walk away. I doubt you will hear from him.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:18 PM

48,508 posts, read 34,775,253 times
When was the last time you saw him in person?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-08-2017, 08:57 PM

102,173 posts, read 107,718,448 times
This is why long-distance relationships don't work. You don't see each other much, if at all, and if one person is busy with work, there's not enough communication to sustain the relationship. The other person feels sidelined. Your bf felt he wasn't getting enough attention from you, so he decided the relationship (such as it was) wasn't working for him.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:29 PM

9 posts, read 7,480 times
I saw him a month ago, but it doesn't look like we can meet for maybe a year since he lives overseas.

Thanks for all the insights

Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,230,478 times
Problems now, and you wont see him for a year?

This wont work.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:32 AM

11,393 posts, read 24,428,249 times
This is not a sustainable relationship. He's having doubts. You're upset by it. It won't get better.

Be smart and kind to yourself and to him. Both of you will be happier if you are free to focus on new possibilities with other people.

Cheer up. It'll be okay.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:36 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,009,357 times
I wonder...do either of you have mutual friends, who might be trying to sabotage your relationship? I find it curious that he says he misses you, but then ignores your texts at other times. It kind of makes me wonder if someone is badmouthing you to him.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:45 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,339,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I wonder...do either of you have mutual friends, who might be trying to sabotage your relationship? I find it curious that he says he misses you, but then ignores your texts at other times. It kind of makes me wonder if someone is badmouthing you to him.
This seems like quite a leap.

More likely, after really thinking about he realized that a whole year is just too long to not see you, especially if you won't be as available (otherwise) due to work. That's a really long time to "keep the faith" especially if you didn't start the relationship as non-LDR and have a few months to build a good foundation. Did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships