Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:47 AM

9 posts, read 4,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
This seems to imply your SO is a man.
He is. He's my husband. What I was saying to the other poster is that in my very first post I didn't indicate anything, yet most people assumed that I am the man.

Behindthescreen is saying that it happens all the time. That's not an answer. Why did so many people make the same assumption?

Old 04-23-2017, 04:51 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times
Whatever sex you are, your married partner is correct.

Old 04-23-2017, 04:52 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelex View Post
Where did I say that my SO is a man? I didn't say that at all, nor did I even indicate it.

But I noticed that almost everyone has assumed that I am a man and that my SO is a woman.

Perhaps you'd like to ask yourselves why you made that assumption.
Yes you're quite right

However the answers would have been pretty much the same either way but maybe it was worth stating in the start or you could have clarified much earlier on in the thread once you saw people ( myself included ) assuming.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:01 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What does that matter?
The question is why do you need to go out so often and most of the time alone since it causes a problem?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Most people in relationships spend time with their SO because they want to, not because of obligation. Just another thing you don't understand as you continue to fear other people's choices.

I agree with this. I wouldn't be with my husband if I didn't want to spend time with him. However, that doesn't mean friends and hobbies don't have a place in my life. I do find it funny though. Like I know a woman at work, I told her I was going to Vegas next month with friends, and she looked at me like I was crazy, and said " your husband lets you do that"...um, lets me? I'm a grown up. He isn't my keeper. He can watch the pets and kid for a few days. Not a big deal.

I still think if a spouse is that bothered by the other spouse going out once a week, that signifies a bigger problem. Once a week is nothing, even if it is a Friday or Saturday night. Even if it is out for drinks or whatever the case may be. I would think encouraging your partner to see friends rather than constantly getting mad about it would be a better way to go.

Also, if the spouse is sitting alone all the time upset at being alone, that is their choice. They are free to make friends and go out, get their own hobbies as well.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:14 PM

9 posts, read 4,668 times
I'd appreciate it if someone could offer some advice about my husband having such a problem about me going out on fridays and saturdays with my friends.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:16 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate it if someone could offer some advice about my husband having such a problem about me going out on fridays and saturdays with my friends.
you funny.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
I'm out of touch now with the thread so apologies if this has been covered.

Could he be jealous that he's not as outgoing as yourself either because of his personality or has no friends?, is it possible he's slightly worried/insecure about the places you may go ( nightclubs/boozed up till the early hours etc ) and fears the worst as other blokes will possibly be about?

Or the most probable answer is he might just want to spend the weekend with you?

Sorry just spitballing here as only he knows why.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:51 PM

3,143 posts, read 2,659,627 times
Quote:

lol, this fool gets 14 pages worth of responses and she wants more advice....

Old 04-29-2017, 11:05 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,338,548 times
Quote:
Why don't you want to spend Fridays and Saturdays with your husband? Most couples look forward to being together on the weekend. Why don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships