Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 02:09 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,391,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldmist View Post
Would he stand out at you in a crowd, though? Without knowing anything about his personality? Enough so that if you were a twenty-something model, you would gravitate to him? His comments about how he could have any woman he'd wanted, well, imo either he was a bit more of a catch in his prime, or he had other attractive qualities that were not based on looks, or else he did a lot of justifying that he "didn't want this one anyway" if she rejected him...

I'm absolutely sure he's someone's type, even many people's type. Personally I don't see it. But I believe others do.
To me, he would still stand out... But I do prefer them a bit older.. haha I might have strange taste, but I never get excited about any 20 something year old guys, no matter how good looking they are considered to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 02:38 PM

129 posts, read 109,671 times
I think there are lots of men who keep their looks into older age, or even improve on them. I don't think this guy necessarily *lost* his looks (I have nothing to base that on), but he wouldn't catch my eye.

I'm glad we don't all have the same taste in partners, otherwise we'd all be fighting over the same 2-3 people, lol.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:23 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,533,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
This guy and his fiancée are around the same level of attractiveness.
I agree. They both have huge noses and his receding hair and double chin go very well with her Charles Manson psychotic eyes. If I were bisexual I would not go near either of them but this is just my honest opinion.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:27 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,664,605 times
God bless all those women who dated this guy.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:51 PM

1,265 posts, read 967,866 times
He looks like douche, shes not bad, not hot i.m.o. Her body and hair is nice, face is meh.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:09 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,377,425 times
It's Janis Spindel's daughter, so I'm guessing this is just a ploy to get their name/business publicity.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,490,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post

Hey!!! I'm 32 and I dated a woman in her (late) 20s only because she wanted to date me. I can adapt really well, thank you very much!!! hmph!!!

I understand exactly what you are saying. This guy (according to the article at least) seems to believe that just because a woman is "hot" that means that she has nothing worthwhile going on from the inside.

Maybe that is just the experience he had in dealing with women. But there is a lot that needs to be understood. Tons of different groups are going to have at least one hot woman.

According to the article, he dated "runway models." Now, these people are paid to look good, they aren't paid to be rocket scientists, or philosophers. They are paid to look good, because they are selling. Now, even that does not mean that runway models can't hold a conversation. It might be that she was not comfortable with that person.

I know plenty of people who have great insights, ideas, wisdom when they talk to me, but when they are with a certain other person, they can't talk their way out of a paper bag, and usually it is because that person has an air of arrogance about him or a critical spirit. In other words, he makes you feel as if he is going to take anything you say and viciously tear it apart to make you feel like an idiot.

I myself am known to blow people's minds with what I have to say. But there are certain people in my life that won't hear a thing I have to say because they are just too arrogant and judgmental.

Now, this is going by the article. I've known people to twist words. But that "sowing wild oats" post didn't help one bit.
I apologise for the delay in response, This is a very good post

That's the problem with reading an article, a thread on here etc we only get one side of the story and then you end up speculating and even letting your imagination run wild trying to picture what's gone on LOL.

However obviously I've lived and been around a bit and known one or two hot ones shall we say and what I was saying in my other post is what my gut absolutely SCREAMED at me about him that he doesn't take people by face value and as an individual and instead goes in blind therefore not able to communicate and adapt as you would normally with different people hence the reason why he didn't do well and perhaps didn't know how to handle the situation.

I know and completely agree what you said above mate when it comes to meeting certain people you might not click and most probably due to them being the wrong personality as you mentioned a few traits above that ring true but when it comes to a lot like that bloke in the article seems to have trouble with then it's time to go out and buy a mirror

LOL Im FAR from being smart and wise but I'm pretty sure he was more of the problem that he'd like to admit

Old 04-16-2017, 05:38 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I apologise for the delay in response, This is a very good post

That's the problem with reading an article, a thread on here etc we only get one side of the story and then you end up speculating and even letting your imagination run wild trying to picture what's gone on LOL.

However obviously I've lived and been around a bit and known one or two hot ones shall we say and what I was saying in my other post is what my gut absolutely SCREAMED at me about him that he doesn't take people by face value and as an individual and instead goes in blind therefore not able to communicate and adapt as you would normally with different people hence the reason why he didn't do well and perhaps didn't know how to handle the situation.

I know and completely agree what you said above mate when it comes to meeting certain people you might not click and most probably due to them being the wrong personality as you mentioned a few traits above that ring true but when it comes to a lot like that bloke in the article seems to have trouble with then it's time to go out and buy a mirror

LOL Im FAR from being smart and wise but I'm pretty sure he was more of the problem that he'd like to admit
He most likely is a larger part of the problem. And it is not his looks (even if he looked like quasi moto).

Old 04-16-2017, 05:39 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,490,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
He most likely is a larger part of the problem. And it is not his looks (even if he looked like quasi moto).
Yes exactly

Old 04-16-2017, 05:42 PM

1,199 posts, read 728,529 times
Lol.

All he's saying is super models and unbelievably attractive women in NY are full of themselves and don't normally develop a personality and he was tired of not being able to have intelligent conversations, deeper relationships, etc. The opposite of superficial, he stopped being superficial. Men can't win here. The only focus is the fact that he would dare care other women "hotter" or whatever, than his fiance, who is beautiful.

I get what he is saying, and I'm sure his fiance does too. He's happy to date someone who is sexy, but not vapid and all about her looks. But of course, he is a straight white male, so of course something is offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships