Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,591,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
You're the one who included it in your "rescuing" resume, not me.
Is reading comp a skill that's foreign to you? It was my friend who included it, not me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 08:43 PM

1,199 posts, read 726,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Is reading comp a skill that's foreign to you? It was my friend who included it, not me.
Whoa defensive.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Whoa defensive.
No. Just pointing out the natural conclusion based on your posts.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
No. Just pointing out the natural conclusion based on your posts.
Whatever. I'm not here to argue about single mothers or join you in silly ad hominem because I don't like what you said. My point stands. If you continually find yourself in sexual and platonic relationships with women that are requiring your help, rescuing, etc, you have an issue. I'm sure that your friend isn't the only person to ever call you a white knight, and it's probably for a reason.

Last edited by RedWings18; 04-16-2017 at 09:25 PM..

Old 04-17-2017, 01:04 AM

30,855 posts, read 36,742,603 times
Quote:
I guess my question is whether it's possible to fall into that white knight mode of thinking even if you're not deliberately looking for people to rescue?
Yes, absolutely. Most white knights aren't deliberately looking for it. Just like any unhealthy relationship pattern, people tend to just fall into it. It reminds them something familiar from childhood, or fulfills some need they didn't get as children.

Understanding and Overcoming the White Knight Syndrome — Eduard Ezeanu

Quote:
In other words, can you turn into a white knight after you've gotten involved with someone?
Not exactly. You already are one before you get into such a relationship. The relationships you get into just make that apparent.

Quote:
And is that necessarily a bad thing?
Yes. For several reasons stated in the linked article above.

The White Knight Syndrome essentially stems from two erroneous beliefs that all white knights have in common. Deep down, they believe that 1) it is imperative for them to be liked by all women and 2) they are not good enough to be liked by women as they are.

The white knight craves female approval, attention and companionship, as well as sex, a romantic relationship and perhaps marriage. But he doesn’t believe that he can obtain these things by just being himself, because he thinks he’s not good enough.

The biggest problem with being a white knight is that it doesn’t work. It doesn’t grant a guy the appreciation, attention, companionship, sex or relationships with women that he seeks to obtain. And this happens for several reasons.

One reason is that women oftentimes don’t really need or want any help. They are capable of handling whatever challenges they encounter on their own, and keen to do it. This is true today more than ever, considering many women actually have better education, better jobs, more resilience and more social intelligence than many guys out there.

So when the white knight tries to come to the rescue, his help is rejected instead of being eagerly embraced. This frequently leaves the white knight confused, but then he’ll usually figure the lady is just trying to be polite by declining his help, se he tries even harder to offer it, to the point where he becomes annoying.

Another reason is that few women are fooled by the white knight’s apparent zeal to help them without any ulterior motive. They’re smart enough to know he has a hidden agenda. And realizing this, they perceive the white knight as needy and insecure rather than noble and chivalrous, which aren’t exactly attractive male traits. And they don’t succumb to his agenda either.

Some women do embrace the white knight’s aid entirely, appreciate it and also need a lot of it. They’re the type with a knack for constantly getting themselves into trouble and having difficulties getting out of it. They do resemble the damsel in distress from fairytales, minus the innocence.

But even that’s bad news. The trouble is that by coming to such a woman’s rescue all the time, the white knight forms a toxic, codependent relationship with her. It’s a relationship in which she never learns to solve her own problems and she is constantly in need of him to solve them for her, while he cannot stop rescuing her because that’s the only way he knows to keep her appreciation.

Old 04-17-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yes, absolutely. Most white knights aren't deliberately looking for it. Just like any unhealthy relationship pattern, people tend to just fall into it. It reminds them something familiar from childhood, or fulfills some need they didn't get as children.

Understanding and Overcoming the White Knight Syndrome — Eduard Ezeanu

Not exactly. You already are one before you get into such a relationship. The relationships you get into just make that apparent.

Yes. For several reasons stated in the linked article above.

The White Knight Syndrome essentially stems from two erroneous beliefs that all white knights have in common. Deep down, they believe that 1) it is imperative for them to be liked by all women and 2) they are not good enough to be liked by women as they are.

The white knight craves female approval, attention and companionship, as well as sex, a romantic relationship and perhaps marriage. But he doesn’t believe that he can obtain these things by just being himself, because he thinks he’s not good enough.

The biggest problem with being a white knight is that it doesn’t work. It doesn’t grant a guy the appreciation, attention, companionship, sex or relationships with women that he seeks to obtain. And this happens for several reasons.

One reason is that women oftentimes don’t really need or want any help. They are capable of handling whatever challenges they encounter on their own, and keen to do it. This is true today more than ever, considering many women actually have better education, better jobs, more resilience and more social intelligence than many guys out there.

So when the white knight tries to come to the rescue, his help is rejected instead of being eagerly embraced. This frequently leaves the white knight confused, but then he’ll usually figure the lady is just trying to be polite by declining his help, se he tries even harder to offer it, to the point where he becomes annoying.

Another reason is that few women are fooled by the white knight’s apparent zeal to help them without any ulterior motive. They’re smart enough to know he has a hidden agenda. And realizing this, they perceive the white knight as needy and insecure rather than noble and chivalrous, which aren’t exactly attractive male traits. And they don’t succumb to his agenda either.

Some women do embrace the white knight’s aid entirely, appreciate it and also need a lot of it. They’re the type with a knack for constantly getting themselves into trouble and having difficulties getting out of it. They do resemble the damsel in distress from fairytales, minus the innocence.

But even that’s bad news. The trouble is that by coming to such a woman’s rescue all the time, the white knight forms a toxic, codependent relationship with her. It’s a relationship in which she never learns to solve her own problems and she is constantly in need of him to solve them for her, while he cannot stop rescuing her because that’s the only way he knows to keep her appreciation.
I think he came here looking to bait people into agreeing the women he was dating have problems so he could White Knight for them lmao

Old 04-17-2017, 05:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,594,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
You're no white knight. You just like picking low hanging fruit
LMAO! apparently I can't rep ya again.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I think he came here looking to bait people into agreeing the women he was dating have problems so he could White Knight for them lmao
I think you came here cause you have nothing better to do than be a troll and cause you nothing of value to offer.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
I think you came here cause you have nothing better to do than be a troll and cause you nothing of value to offer.
Interesting. I responded to your thread with a non offensive, honest opinion, you didn't like it and replied with ad hominem. Sorry you were offended but I wasn't trolling.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I responded to your thread with a non offensive, honest opinion, you didn't like it and replied with ad hominem. Sorry you were offended but I wasn't trolling.
Sure you were. You basically chimed in just to take a shot at me. By the way, how are your classes in reading comp going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships