Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 11:31 AM

19 posts, read 14,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Nobody freaks out over a text like that.

Are you sure he didn't send a dic pic??
Damn lol I don't know. He won't talk about it but he seems better now. I guess she hit him up. No idea but he's happy at least
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:33 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,719,497 times
I think drunk texts are cute. It's kinda like truth serum ...

Old 04-19-2017, 04:15 PM

18,148 posts, read 15,562,989 times
Lol, that's pretty tame for a "drunk text". A simple rule to follow (that it seems everyone has broken) is never text while drunk or otherwise impaired. You'll ALWAYS say something you regret. Speaking from experience having both sent and received such messages. Alcohol in particular causes massive idiocy especially where ...romantic...feelings are a factor. The text described by the OP doesn't strike me as being particularly over the top. Not as compared to others I've both sent and received. This is one of the myriad reasons I don't drink alcohol anymore. It causes....foolishness. And of course regret.

It can cause one to lose someone dear. Especially texts. Once sent, they can't be taken back.

Old 04-19-2017, 04:17 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,719,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, that's pretty tame for a "drunk text". A simple rule to follow (that it seems everyone has broken) is never text while drunk or otherwise impaired. You'll ALWAYS say something you regret. Speaking from experience having both sent and received such messages. Alcohol in particular causes massive idiocy especially where ...romantic...feelings are a factor. The text described by the OP doesn't strike me as being particularly over the top. Not as compared to others I've both sent and received. This is one of the myriad reasons I don't drink alcohol anymore. It causes....foolishness. And of course regret.

It can cause one to lose someone dear. Especially texts. Once sent, they can't be taken back.
That's the problem with massive idiocy ... it can be kinda fun too.

Too many people use "drunk text" as an excuse, though, for stuff they sent intentionally.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:38 PM

18,148 posts, read 15,562,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's the problem with massive idiocy ... it can be kinda fun too.

Too many people use "drunk text" as an excuse, though, for stuff they sent intentionally.

Lol....indeed. Being drunk excuses being a boor. Or for just saying what one is REALLY thinking, knowing said thoughts(s) might not be well received. That alcohol impaired statements can be entertaining I can't argue with. Idiocy can indeed be mirthful. My lady circumvented the drunk text or statement issue by telling me that drunk or sober I should not take things to heart to much. It's actually a pretty good policy with her since her mind does not work conventionally. She suffered a pretty nasty head injury in a car accident back in the day. Days where they didn't know about the long term effects of TBI. Didn't even call it TBI back then. Everything was a "concussion" of varying degree.

So, for my part, I don't drink alcohol, and for hers, I just let everything roll off, and accept her "you KNOW I have brain damage" rationale. It has the virtue of being true. Thankfully, she does not imbibe at even close to the level she used to, so exacerbating influence has been curtailed. She has a friend that gets in a state and just blows up her phone with crazy texts. No lack of entertainment there. Until it gets ....overwhelming...and puts my lady in a state that I end up being the convenient face in the room on which to vent. I have certainly learned to be patient and grew a layer of thick callous. We must all adapt, and humor is a good catalyst to do so.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,749,320 times
Drunk text are a way to find the truth.
Meo you find me sexy?
Him:No.
MeWhere is the poop emoji )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships