Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 02:54 PM

10 posts, read 8,357 times

Advertisements

I'm 24. I usually before my relationship with my partner dated women. And I still am very much attracted to females. My partner and I started dating a year ago. They identify as agender/***** etc... They were reared male and when they were 13 diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome. They did not receive typical treatment and decided to go through like a more female puberty with the use of hormones. With Klinefelter syndrome you need to take either testosterone or estrogen. They chose estrogen. Anyhow, so generally my partner appears more female than male physically. But my parents have known of them since we were in elementary school. And they actually stopped being friends with their parents because of it. And generally my parents hate me and partner and that we're together. Because of their past. Anyhow, my lover did 23andme recently. They just got a message from 23andme saying they are actually genetically female. Or something about their data being female and not at all male. Which would imply they have an xx karyotype as they don't have a y haplogroup. Or something's gone wrong with it at least. Not klinefelter syndrome. If that's the case my partner would really just be genetically female. Therefore intersex. Anyhow do you think it would help my parents be less judgmental? If that is the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 02:59 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Your partner's medical history is none of your parents' business. It's up to your partner if they want to disclose their gender and medical information and to whom.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Your partner's medical history is none of your parents' business. It's up to your partner if they want to disclose their gender and medical information and to whom.

Yeah of course I wouldn't tell my parents behind their back. That would be very wrong. I meant if it would be mmore likely to get a more accepting approach from my parents and family in general. Or not really. Like I don't even talk to any of my family and if I do all I get is that I'm going to hell over and over again.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:08 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Why in the world would you do such a thing? Just to try to get yourself off the hook with your parents?

What are the odds this will be your last relationship? If it is not, then you've shared very personal information about someone just to help yourself look better....and it is pretty particular to that person and will be of no use to you with anyone else (or at least there are very few others in that situation). What I'm getting at is you're thinking of doing something unethical to help yourself out - and it won't even help you in the long term. You didn't get with this person because you knew their genetic makup - it is purely incidental.

Deal with your own parents yourself - don't drag your partner into it.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:33 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
fascinating. I need to google that.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Yeah, I also had to Google SO many things from your post, OP, that I found that I don't have any helpful advice except that your intentions with your parents should be honest, and that even if you reveal your partner's reality (which you should not), you still may never get your parents' approval and acceptance.

It's nice that you are trying, though.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Why in the world would you do such a thing? Just to try to get yourself off the hook with your parents?

What are the odds this will be your last relationship? If it is not, then you've shared very personal information about someone just to help yourself look better....and it is pretty particular to that person and will be of no use to you with anyone else (or at least there are very few others in that situation). What I'm getting at is you're thinking of doing something unethical to help yourself out - and it won't even help you in the long term. You didn't get with this person because you knew their genetic makup - it is purely incidental.

Deal with your own parents yourself - don't drag your partner into it.

Well I don't find biological men attractive. Never have. I've always identified as straight. I find them attractive because of the fact that they appear as female more than male. We can publicly display that we are a couple without anyone actually thinking we're at all a gay couple. They look like a woman and are legally female. So if we were ever to get married it would be a heterosexual marriage legally. They just weren't born female and so to my parents they see them as a transsexual. Which is the issue because they think that my partner was born male and decided to transition. When in reality if they have an xx karyotype they are clearly intersex. And therefore chose to live the way they were born which is neither male or female/both.

Btw they called 23andme and told that 23andme doesn't show a trisomy. Because they only deal with 23 chromosomes. So that's why it could show two x chromsomes or xy in the case of klinefelter syndrome. So their sample or w.e. is getting further testing.

What's odd is they are short and I looked up xx male syndrome and that's a symptom. Klinefelter syndrome usually men with that syndrome are taller than average not shorter.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:36 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,447,211 times
So you're a male dating a female? Your parents will be thrilled. Leave out the complicated and now-trendy ambiguous gender expression rigmarole. If she were male, you'd be gay. But you're not, so everything is A-Ok.

People, like your partner, can be however they need to be, but a lot of people don't get it. Don't waste your time trying to explain this to your parents. Many adults don't understand the younger generation.

Congrats, I guess.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:45 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,490,296 times
Even if your partner is OK with telling them, I don't think it would matter to your parents, anyway. If they were willing to end friendships over this in the past, they probably already see your partner as "damaged goods" and their minds are already made up.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:56 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
It's none of their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships